official Update

ginau
on 6/17/08 5:37 am - mesa, AZ
Nope -- I was working the worst case senario and took it off cause I knew my employeer would allow it.. You can ask Joyce - I was ready to go back in 10 days .  I had an open revision - cut  from above navel all the way down - Doc took out a couple hernia's and  some old scar tissue  from a Total hysterectomy  & shortened me  to 75 cm common channel !   - I was out of hosp in 24 hrs and up and going ... Drove on 5th day - dont tell !!  Everyone is differant ..  I would allow at least 2 weeks if your having an open procedure .. can always go back sooner....  
cmr3399
on 6/17/08 5:47 am - Bayville, NJ
WOOOO HOOOOOOO WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK 
JROLFSON
on 6/17/08 6:28 am - St. George, UT
I just want you to know that You and Joyce are absolutely wonderful to everyone with questions on this board. You're both so kind and caring and open about everything you've had done...I can't even begin to tell you how much it helps others... I was really worried about the recovery time, I know everyone is different but I've had 2 WLS already and I kind of know how my body reacts...But it really helps to know how you guys bounced back. I'm lucky that even if I have to go back to work I could work half days and it's a small office that would allow me to rest and go back to work daily...Thanks again. Good luck on your success...It's good to hear from you guys daily. JRolfson
JRinAZ
on 6/18/08 1:03 am - Layton, UT
Ahhhhhhh thanks Miss JRolfson!!!! .................I'm not sure I actually bounced back.....I'm still bouncing!  LOL!  .......If you are fortunate enough to have an understanding work environment to hang at then you'll be able to return in a jiffy!  If your surgery is done open then youj'll probably have drains, a binder and some wound care to consider.  I'd want to be in as sterile of an environment for as long as possible, as I could.  I returned to work the 3rd week and had a very rough time....but, I commute an hour each way and I did that darn phenyl chemical peel on my face at the same time as my Revision.........that was the worst part of post-op for me!  LOL!........  Start protein loading right now and you'll heal nicely and have oodles of energy!!!!  Do you have a date yet?
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

JROLFSON
on 6/18/08 7:59 am - St. George, UT
No not yet, I'm not even sure my Insurance will cover. I'm going to call Dr. S's office to start the process. I'm so scared it's going to be a self-pay but we'll see. Your such an inspiration...wow a chemical peel at the same time...you are so brave! I wish I could do that too. Your progress has been amazing...I believe I'm about 200 now what did the doctor tell you to expect as far as total weight loss was concerned, i.e. how much did he think you could expect to lose?...I see you are over that expectation...wow! that's so great! J Rolfson
JRinAZ
on 6/19/08 8:50 am - Layton, UT

How did your Dr S chat go?  ...  IF you are about 200 then your BMI should be close to qualifying with insurance, right?  .....  Doc told me before my Revision that I would definitely get to whatever goal I was aiming for (and I have) and that he expects my maintenance to be pretty easy....just keeps close tabs with my labs and tweaks me with vites as needed.  He's wanting more protein absorption for me so I will increase the protein drinks.  I backed off early post-op cuz it seemed to rock my tummy a bit....I'm tolerating and even enjoying them again now.  Gotta love my Banana Scream whipped up with Soni**** and 2 frozen strawberries!  Yummmeeeee!!!  LOL!  .....  Looking forward to congratulating you on achieving your dream weight and good health!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

JROLFSON
on 6/20/08 1:15 am - St. George, UT
Hi Joyce:  Haven't talked with him as yet, but will within a few days. I was going to tell you that my Mother who passed away last November was diabetic and on dialysis due to failed kidneys from diabetes. Her protein levels were as low as one can have and still be able to get up. At the dialysis unit they gave her this protein powder that she could sprinkle on food it had no taste, and disolved instantly. It brought her protein levels up immediately. They originally wanted her to do the protein shakes but for her that was a lot of work due to her illnesses. This protein powder was amazing and she said whatever she sprinkled it on just tasted like what it was.  Have you heard of this and do you think this is something that would be good after our surgeries. Thanks for caring! J Rolfson
S Andrews
on 6/17/08 4:19 pm - eatonville, WA
Congragulations! You are doing fantastic!!! Thanks so much for keeping us all posted- it gives us all who are waiting such hope for our futures. Keep up the good work and keep an eye on those cute little outfits! Sharon
Most Active