HELP StomaphyX

bigguy908
on 6/16/08 12:13 pm
Help...had gastric bypass 3 years ago...gaining weight....I have a consult w/ a surgeon about StomaphyX....revolutionary procedure is now available for individuals who have had previous gastric bypass surgery and didn't lose all their weight, or who are regaining weight.This procedure involves no incisions and minimal recovery....HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROCEDURE???? Pete
pepsi98
on 6/16/08 7:46 pm - Norwich, CT
Oh my, there are several on this forum that have had it done including me.  I paid $10,500, lost 17 lbs between the liquid phases of the diet and then gained it back PLUS more when I started to eat rel food.   I had NO resriction!!!  My advice is save yourself the grief and the money.  If you go back on this forum you'll be able to read various posts about the experiences different people have had.  I am now waiting for insurance approval to put a lap band over my old gastric stapling from 1982. Good luck!
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

reenieb
on 6/19/08 2:00 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with

And whatever is left of the Brooklyn Bridge, I'll gladly sell it to you... DON'T DO IT. Dammit I'm going to start going after these people who call themselves surgeons who are robbing people blind.

bigguy908
on 6/19/08 5:08 am
What is your rational for being against the StomaphyX procedure??? Have you had the procedure?
reenieb
on 6/19/08 5:40 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Hey Big Guy, are you related to Little Guy?
pepsi98
on 6/19/08 8:55 am - Norwich, CT
pepsi98
on 6/19/08 8:56 am - Norwich, CT
GREAT QUESTION...I WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING!!!!
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

christineneale
on 6/23/08 6:31 am - tampa, FL
I HAD A REVISION ON 5/22 I HAD OPEN RNY IN 2003 ANDMY REVISION WAS STOMAPHYX MORE INTESTINE BYPASSED AND FIXING A BLIND LOOP SYNDROME MY STOMA AND POUCH WERE STRETCHED, SO FAR I HAVE LOST 22 POUNDS I JUST STARTING EATING REAL FOOD AGAIN A FEW DAYS AGO IT DOESNT SEEM TO ME MY STOMACH IS ANY SMALLER I CAN STILL EAT ABOUT A HALF A CUP OF FOOD AT A TIME SOOOO SO FAR BESIDES THE WEIGHT LOSS ( AND I PERSONALLY BELIEVE THE WEIGHT LOSS WAS SO EXTREME BECAUSE I CAUGHT PNUEMONIA AND HAD AN ABSESS SO I WAS LIQUID DIETING FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS) IM NOT SURE I FEEL LIKE THIS WHOLE PROCEDURE WAS HELPFUL
ShielaC.
on 6/23/08 7:06 am
I haven't had the proceure personally, but have read posts from others who have. If you only have 30-50 lbs to lose, it may work for you. People with more than that to lose have had it not work (they gained the few lbs they lost back + more) and they had to do a surgical revision. Some doctors are more experience than others at doing the procedure because it has only being done since last year in the US. Overcash in FL and Garber in NY have the most. You can do a search to find posts about Stomaphyx if you use the search box at the top of the page, put in stomaphyx, click on "forums" and then click on search. Then you can read it all yourself. There is also something called Rose or restore and they are still in clinical trials. Same principal involved and they go in t hrough your mouth with plastic clips.
patsy13215
on 6/24/08 1:03 pm - syracuse, NY
hi Pete; Please feel free to ask any question you have. I am not sure why a few on this post had to be so nasty.Good luck to you and if you have any questions,please fire away.  Patsy
Most Active