July 3rd is my surgery date

kdsmith
on 6/16/08 10:40 am - TX

Since my insurance has a weightloss surgery exclusion which also excludes any surgery that is needed because of previous weight surgery, I am self pay.    My revision is medically necesary.  My pouch is enlarged (500cc) and it will be be trimmed back to a 20-30cc pouch.  It will cost me about $18,000.  That's money I don't want to spend but must.  My highest weight was 292.  My lowest weight was about 165.  I was a perfect size 8 at 165.  I have regained to 195, 30 pounds. The problem is not weight gain.   I burp all the time.  I have no sense of feeling full or satisfied.  It's been 7 years this week since I had my original surgery.  I am looking forward to the weight loss and not feeling hungry anymore.  I hate it when all I think about is what I can eat. I'm a little nervous.  This time around I have a wonderful life and everything to live for.   There is a higher chance of bleeding and this surgery will be open, not lap.  I do have the best Surgeon in my area with more experience than 75% of the surgeons anywhere.  I feel confident in his hands so it's a go!!

janiscaldwel
on 6/16/08 10:33 pm - charlestown, IN
Congratulations on your revision I'm sure you'll do just fine!!  I will send prayers and many good wishes your way for your upcoming surgery!!  I have my revision next Monday so I'll be just a few weeks ahead of you,  stay in touch we can give each other support!!  Janis
Most Active