Revision in RI

sweetchef
on 6/16/08 12:11 am - West warwick, RI
Hi everyone!  am hoping to have a revision and I am just atarting my research so I was wondering if anyone had any reccomendations for a surgeon either in Mass or CT.  RI dosent have have anyone who will do them.  Also I have read a little bit about the stomaphyx? is it covered by insurance?  Your help is appreciated! Thanks guys!
Valerieb09
on 6/16/08 1:15 am - Seacoast, NH
Hi, I just had a revision from lapband to gastric bypass last Monday, June 9th.  My surgeon is Dr. David B. Lautz of the Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston. I would very highly recommend him as one of the best bariatric surgeons in New England.  He is a very highly skilled surgeon.  He does take other bariatric surgeon's patients whereas most doctors won't. You can call his office and speak to his Admin. Asst. Eileen and find out when the next info seminar is.  This is mandatory to attend one but maybe not for you as a revision.  There is a $500 program fee which covers the support group meetins and unlimited nutrition appts. Good Luck! Valerie
sweetchef
on 6/16/08 3:48 am - West warwick, RI

Thanks for the info, I have him on my list of docs to call. I'll move him to the top! If anyone else has any suggestions I am open! Thanks again

Valerieb09
on 6/16/08 10:25 pm - Seacoast, NH
Your Welcome!   He is well worth the drive as I come down from NH for him,  He has many patients from other states.  I actually met a patient of his from western NH and she drives four hours one way for him.  I think it's hard to find a revision surgeon let alone a surgeon that will take on other doctor's patients here in New England. Good Luck! Valerie P.S. He will also let you do some of your preop testing in your hometown hospital.
Most Active