REVISION SURGERY NEXT WEEK!!!

janiscaldwel
on 6/15/08 2:22 pm - charlestown, IN

Hi all, I am having a revision from the band to RNY next monday the 23rd!!  I am so nervous again but also very excited to hopefully start a new life.  I am so affraid that I will fail again but I can only hope and pray for a positive outcome this time!!  Please send prayers my way.  I am sending them out top everyone out there who is going before and after me!!  best wished to everyone.

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/08 5:38 pm, edited 6/15/08 6:23 pm - AZ
Hi Janis, I am going to send some good vibes for your surgery. Mine is set for July 2. I am having a revision from my gastric mypass to a extended rny. It is a where they leave about 50, 65 0r 100 cm of your small intestine. So I guess I will be a hybrid. Have gasric byass and half doudenal switch. I part restrictive and the other half malaborption. I wish you luck, Dawn       
janiscaldwel
on 6/15/08 8:48 pm - charlestown, IN
Hi dawn,  thanks for the good wishes, I am getting so excited about this surgery!!  My Dr. told me that he is going to leave me long to help ensure better weight loss, I'm hoping that I will be in a similar boat as you!!  everyone tells me that when he leaves you long that means you will have more malabsorption which translates to better weight loss!  Hooray!~!!!!!  I told him that I did not want to have another surgery and be back in his office for surgery again in a few years and he said that he would do everything in his power to ensure my weight loss, the rest is up to me!!!  but at least now I know that there will  be some real restriction this time!!  thanks  again for your encouragement it means alot in this time of great nerves!!LOL  take care and best wishes on your upcomingt surgery also.   Janis
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/08 11:53 pm, edited 6/15/08 11:54 pm - AZ
Janis,  Thats where I get confused. If you the common channel long you said you get morer malabsorbtion. Thats the I don't want. But I am mixed up If you leave the colon shorter inside thats where there is no malabsortion and thats where I get greater weght loss. THat's the one I wait.  I am seeing Dr Schlesinger today and I will ask him again just to make sure . I am signing all the consent forms today and I want to sign the correct ones. Dawn       
M. Hall
on 6/15/08 10:01 pm - Norcross, GA
I will definitely keep you in my prayers. My surgery is tomorrow around this same time. So good luck to you.
obrienbus18
on 6/15/08 11:59 pm - Linwood, MA
HI Janis, I am having my revision surgery on June 24, your not a failure and I'm not either, we just chose the wrong type of surgery for ourslelves.  We can use everything we learned from our last surgery and put it to good use in our new surgeries.  I am ready for my RNY and can't wait to begin again.  I was not happy with the lapband at all, it was not for me. Best of luck on the 23rd...Debbie
ginau
on 6/16/08 12:02 am - mesa, AZ
Janis, Debra   Congrats !! your both going to do great !!  One day at a time. Its a whole new world  waiting for you . Let us know how your doing -- I guess I need to add a couple more prayers to  my list. 
obrienbus18
on 6/16/08 12:05 am - Linwood, MA
Thanks for your prayers and thoughts, I can't wait to begin a journey that I have been waiting for so long.  I will post after my surgery when I get home it could be up  to 5 days do to my revision..Debbie
janiscaldwel
on 6/16/08 10:25 am - charlestown, IN
Hi everyone!!  thank all of you for your kind responses, I am so thankful to be able to turn to this site and voice my concerns, fears and excitement!!   my husband and sons just dont seem to understand all of the diffrent feelings I'm having, they just say to go and have it done and everything will be fine, it's so easy to say that but they aren't the ones going through the surgery!!  any way I feel like they are right in that everything will go fine and I'll be up and around in no time.   all of us will!!  I will keep all of you in my prayers and I can't wait to hear what the Dr. has to say about leaving you long or short.  I had told my Dr. that I wanted to be sure to lose this time and lose enough that people would see a diffrence and he said then I will just leave you a little longer than most and it will help to ensure your weight loss.  I am really confused also,  I hope that what he told me is true and I  get the extra boost to help me on my way to a new and fantastic life!!!!   thanks again to everyone  for all the great support!!  Janis 
Most Active