I had VBG to DS Revision Surgery!!!

hopper116
on 6/15/08 2:20 pm - Murphy, NC
Hi Everyone,  Back in April, after 21 years of throwing up, I was able to get Vertical Banded Gastroplasty to Duodenal Switch revision surgery.  YEAH!!!  My husband had the DS in June of last year, and he's dropped from 437 to 214 so far.  Through his surgery, I learned that Revision surgery was possible.  I started researching, stayed on the DS Forum, asked lots of questions, and here I am 10 weeks after surgery. I've lost 52 pounds so far, and I'm already feeling so much better!  I am so happy to be rid of my VBG.  I threw up on a regular basis for 21 years, plus I was heavier than ever.  For those of you considering revision surgery, consider checking into the DS.  My husband has a new life in less than a year, and I already feel so much better myself.  I really believe the DS has saved our lives. Take care,  Stephanie 52 pounds GONE!!!
ALABAMA
on 6/16/08 7:02 am - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA

Stephanie, your weight lost is very impressive. 52 lbs in a little over 2 months I wish I had the DS.

Cubankitten9
on 6/16/08 11:21 am
Hi Stephanie... I too have a band and am going to get a revision to the DS, most likely around August 20th... I'm really excited to hear your progress and how happy you are... I'm looking forward to following in your revision footsteps! Congratulations... Kyle
turtle829
on 6/27/08 2:01 am
Revision on 08/04/15
WOW, I thought my 6 yrs of throwing up was too long.  I had a revision to the RNY on May 1.  Been stuck on the same lb marker for over a month.  But, I have had a real hard time with strictures.  I have had 3 esophagus / stoma dilations.  The dr said I will have 5-8 more... the only alternative is to bypass the stomach/pouch totally... connecting the esophagus to the small bowel.  So, I thought my May 1st surgery was the cure all... it was just a new round... congrats on your loss...  I look forward to the day when throwing up is not a normal thing
Most Active