ResTore 6 Month Checkup - No Endoscope?

NueBelieve
on 6/14/08 4:24 am, edited 6/14/08 3:52 pm - PA
I have my 6th month ReStore checkup on July 21st. Thats when they will tell me if I had the procedure or not. But oddly the doctors now told me I won't be getting anendoscope . Isn't that odd? I thought that if they are doing a trial they would do one last scope to measure everything. Maybe its a sign I didnt have the actual procedure. Oh well time will tell. I have done well so far....down 57 pounds and fighting everyday. Has anyone else been through this experience? Thanks :)
darnell239
on 6/14/08 1:53 pm - Columbia, SC
congratulations on that 57 pounds!
happy girl
on 6/17/08 6:52 am
That is strange.  I can only imagine it's because you didn't have the procedure.  If you had the procedure they'd want to measure your stoma and see how many tacks/fasteners were still left.  My study coordinator said that's what they would be doing at my 6 month visit - measuring stoma etc (I was in the lead in phase so i know I had it). keep us posted!  Well done on the 57 pounds!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

NueBelieve
on 6/17/08 1:46 pm - PA

Thats also what I thoguht.........thanks so much for replying. Also ladies thanks for the pat on the back for the weight lose. I am trying so hard hoping that when my 6 months is up and I find out I didnt have the procedure I will have a nice jump start on my weight lose. Thanks to you both again :)

Most Active