In need of a revision surgeon near TN

cvickers
on 6/13/08 5:27 am
I had a RNY in 2002. I was 320 then and lost down to 200. Almost 6 years later along with a pregnancy I have gained more than half my weight. I stay hunger all day. Not eating a whole lot but to often. Not getting the fullness filling I use to. I thought it was just me then I found this forum. I am wondering if my pouch has stretched. I am looking for suggestions of a surgeon to see in TN or NC. My original sugeon released me because I hadnt been to see him in 2 years so I feel lost. Any advice would be much appreciated.
ALABAMA
on 6/13/08 7:34 am - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA

try vanderbelt university medical center  ask for dr. wright office number in ther bariatric program.  I was going to use him.  I hope this help.

pegasusajbc
on 6/19/08 4:16 am
I used Dr Kelly Wright at Vanderbilt and he told me he would NOT do revisions, period.  He may have changed his mind, but in 2003 when he did my RNY the answer was an emphatic NO REVISIONS....good luck.  
tulagirl
on 6/14/08 1:17 am - Schenectady, NY
I don't know about any surgeons, but you and I are almost alike.  I started at 350 got down to 215, had a pregnancy and gained 80 pounds back.  I too had my surgery in 2002.  I just started looking into all this, but wanted you to know you are not alone. 
(deactivated member)
on 6/14/08 6:09 am - TX
Dr Husted (one of the best revision surgeons) is moving to KY (or so I hear).  He used to be in Nashville.
Cheryl Gebbie
on 6/16/08 8:53 am - Knoxville, TN
when is he moving to KY and where in KY .... I wanted him to do my original surgery but my ins denied it ..so had to get the RNY with a doc in Johnson City TN .... I had the ROSE procedure in April ....24 lbs gone so far .... dang Plateau and alot of fluid retention of late .... doc wont change my fluid pills .. I have heard ALOT of good things bout Husted ....am sooo glad he is coming back to this area
patsy13215
on 6/16/08 9:06 am - syracuse, NY
hi Cheryl;Sounds like you are doing great!!How are you feeling?What kinds of food are you eating??Keep up the great job..Patsy
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/08 5:17 am - CA
I spoke to Dr. Husted and currently, he has no plans to move to Kentucky. That might change someday but at the moment he is staying in San Francisco. He does offer a nice package to patients who come from out of town. Give his office a call if you need more info.
Most Active