I Have a Date!!!

nan c
on 6/12/08 4:47 am - Brooklyn, NY
Hi All, I have a date for the EROS procedure - July 25!  It's taken a year to get here - waiting for appointments, tests, waiting for new surgical instruments to be shipped to the hospital, waiting for openings in the doctor's schedule - plus, at one point the project was put on hold. In a way I won't believe it till it actually happens - but I know I have to think positive.  Nan-C 
dana S.
on 6/12/08 8:51 pm - brooklyn, NY
Hi What hospital is doing the eos pocedue. is it in NY . thanks dana
nan c
on 6/12/08 11:49 pm - Brooklyn, NY

Hi Dana,

Yes. Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, with Dr. Bessler. Are you also in the program?

Nan-C

dana S.
on 6/13/08 2:34 am - brooklyn, NY
HI NAN, no i am not not . i am suppose to be going to monmouth med ct. in n.j. they had a list . i think it was 20 slots open fo  the rose procedure. i know they already reached the 20 slots.they are trying to get more slots open. so i am scheduled for an endoscopy on july 2. if they dont get more slots open the cost is $13,000.i did not know new york was doing the rose procedure,do you know if they need more people?              Thanks Dana
dana S.
on 6/13/08 3:52 am - brooklyn, NY
HI nan, I e-mailed columbia ,and was told the it is on hold.            dana
nan c
on 6/13/08 1:50 pm - Brooklyn, NY

Hi Dana,

I was told that the project was on hold, but because I had had all the pre-op procedures done RIGHT before they put it on hold, they felt it was unfair to keep me in limb all this time, so they're doing my procedure. I'm not sure whether there are any others also having it done as well. I met with the Drs there July 2007, all my tests were done by October and I've been sitting in limbo since then. I was on the verge of giving up on them when I got the call. I didn't know that ROSE was being done in NJ, if I had I would have tried them as well. Don't give up, contact Presby periodically just in case they continue taking new people for the study.  Good luck, Nan-C

nan c
on 6/14/08 12:44 am - Brooklyn, NY

Hi Dana,

My RNY surgeon was one of the first in NY to do the Stomaphyx procedure, when my insurance wouldn't pay, my dr's office quoted a price of $10,000 to due it out of pocket. I couldn't afford it last year and I still can't afford it today. My advise to you is - watch the boards, read everything, that's where I got the lead on the EROS/ROSE procedure. You may become discouraged, but don't ever give up - call the different programs periodically, see if they have a waiting list, try to become friends (over-the-phone or in person) with someone connected with the program so maybe they'll tell you if any slots open up. Two days after I mentally gave up, Presby called me and told me they would do it.

Good luck,

Nan C

dana S.
on 6/15/08 10:48 pm - brooklyn, NY
Hi Nan, I am scheduled to have an endoscopy with Monmouth Medical in nj on July,2 .They have all 20 slots full. They ae tying to get moe slots open but if they dont the cost is $13,000.I will not do it if I have to pay because I can not afford it.                 Thanks, Dana
Most Active