Back from Pre-Op appointment and in tears as well

cmr3399
on 6/11/08 8:54 am - Bayville, NJ
I hate leaving long posts but here it goes...I am #20  on the Monmouth Rose Registry..Procdure is June 24th. I have been flying sky high I tell you....then i went for my PAT's and my hemaglobin came back low... ...So my PCP sent me for a transfusion on Sat....had a new CBC done....STILL LOW......so I an scheduled to have another transfusion Friday and have been put on meds to help with the anemia...PCP said I should be ready to go and Dr Borao seemed VERY HOPEFUL too!!! like everything was good to go until he sent me to find out where I am on the schedule for the 24th.  I go to the front desk and ask and am immediately greeted with an adittude that made me choke up instantly. "YOUR ONLY TENTIVELY ON THE OR LIST FOR THAT DAY.....YOUR TOO ANEMIC!" I was shortly told. I went on to explain what I had been going thru, transfusions medications ect....only to recieve more cold answers...I was just trying to explain that the Both doctors belived I would be ok...and I wasn't expecting to have my happiness ripped right out from under me.  So I turned around and walked out .....head down.... tears rolling down my face....Maybe its me...maybe I'm too emotional, doesn't help that my time of the month is almost here..which is prob isn't helping with my anemia. I've just been working so so hard for this.....It will work out....hopefully...sorry to vent.  Christine
patsy13215
on 6/11/08 9:17 am - syracuse, NY
hi Christine;sorry you are having a bad week.How low was your hemoglobin?You will probobly come up enough.Leave a message for littleguy about it.Keep us posted..patsy
cmr3399
on 6/11/08 10:04 am - Bayville, NJ

Hi Patsy..... I do belive it was 8.3  and went up only to 9.6 with my last transfusion....I just didn't need the coldness I got....I think that's what bothered me the most.   I'll keep you updated. Chris

patsy13215
on 6/11/08 10:16 am - syracuse, NY
hi christine;so sorry for what you are going through.what desk were you at that you got such an attitude?? Things will work out....patsy
cmr3399
on 6/12/08 3:23 am - Bayville, NJ
Hi Patsy.....I didnt want to mention names...the only person we deal with upon leaving there...and I'm very taken back too...cause she was happy go luck with EVERYONE else there yest....thats the only reason i took it personally.... Well ....transfusion is set for 8am tomorrow...so I'm praying more than ever at this point Chris
M. Hall
on 6/11/08 9:40 am - Norcross, GA
Im sorry to hear about your day, but mine went the same way. Hopefully our dreams, wishes, our everything will come true.  Good luck to you, keep your head as I try to keep mine up. We have made it this far we just have to have faith.
cmr3399
on 6/12/08 3:24 am - Bayville, NJ
And thank you for all your kind words.....they mean soo much to me at this point.... 
littleguy
on 6/16/08 5:55 am
i spoke to those involved. they are hoping your Hb goes over 11 so as soon as you have the bloodwork get it to donna. If they cant get your Hb over 11 by next week, they can probably do your case the week after. Dont despair. 2 Units should get you up to 11. no one has been given your slot !
patsy13215
on 6/16/08 9:10 am - syracuse, NY
hi christine;It sounds like all will work out after all.hang in there..patsy
Most Active