conversion approved

NeedhamGal
on 6/10/08 9:03 pm - MA
Hi, I have been approved for my conversion from Lapband to RNY.  I have been waiting for a while and I am scheduled for July. Joan
ginau
on 6/11/08 2:22 am - mesa, AZ
Joan  That is awesome news !! congrats ...  any  special preperation  that you have to do ??
NeedhamGal
on 6/11/08 3:08 am - MA
thanks...just the 2 weeks liquid diet before....to shrink the liver they say. Joan
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/08 1:50 pm, edited 6/12/08 1:56 pm - AZ
Jeanna, Did you have to go on a 2 week liquid protein diet ? I thought Dr Schlesinger said it was only for the Lap pts  so their liver will go down in size. He than gets better vision with the ports. Jen said when I go in on monday she will explain the protein liquid diet. Maybe they forgot I am open. But I am the only one having surgery July 2. I guess DR S wants more OR time with me and have a assistant named Dr Heffenal, I not sure of his name. What do ya think ????????????????
ginau
on 6/12/08 1:56 pm - mesa, AZ
Dawn  Be compliant and do whatever he asks you to do ...  he wants nothing but the best  for you!   they have been seeing a lot of pts  and Jen might just have you confused.. Dr Heffell is an awesome surgeon .. He used to do  WLS when he was  in Cali. Now he is working  doing a lot of plastics and  helps in O.R with Dr Schlesinger. - Your going to be in great Hands ... 
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/08 2:13 pm, edited 6/12/08 2:14 pm - AZ
I was close to spelling his name. I will do what every they ask me. I will be a  very good patient. I am glad I am in good hands. I can't believe how well you are doing. I hope my recovery goes as smooth as yours. I know that Dr S's office is flying off the seat of their pants. Jen called me again today but I was at another doctors office. She is really good at her job. She really puts her heart into it. I feel so lucky !!I glad I have met you guys because I am not going to get any support at home. So if I get to annoying thats why. My parents really don't want to hear about it and says it probably won't work for me. It will work for me !!I don;t care what they say anymore. I am not going to let them make me sad about WLS. Thats why I am glad there is this site for people to talk to others. Thanks for being so nice....
sweatysweetie
on 6/12/08 2:36 pm
charleston-mom
on 6/11/08 3:53 am
I'm SO happy for you! I had a revision from lapband to RNY in August and I'm down to 126. I'm so thrilled for you!
NeedhamGal
on 6/13/08 6:46 am - MA
congrats to you and thanks for your inspiration!@ I can only hope I am like you! Joan
tlcrn
on 6/12/08 12:02 pm - FL

I was converted from lap band to RNY for lap band failure; surgeon found band had slipped, I had partial erosion, & had "loop" of stomach caught up under the band- not seen w/UGI and not associated w/anchoring of band. Now my insurance comapny is saying conversion not medically necessary. From the info I've shared with you, it's obviously medically necessary to me. Does anyone have any resources or other documentation to support this type of conversion so that I may present it to my insurance company with my appeal? I'd appreciate any support. There's no way I can afford the bills w/o insurance coverage. Thanks, Connie 292 highest/242 at conversion/225 now/150 goal

Most Active