Would like a revision

chellyalb
on 6/11/08 12:33 am - Raleigh, NC
Hello all, I would like a revision.... How would I go about getting one done? I really need one I think, don't know if my surgeon would think so or not but woulod hope he would also. I have gained weight and stop eatting. I have posted on other boards about being depressed since my last surgery a couple months ago. But don't want to gain any more weight. But I can't stop eatting. What to do? Do I talk to my surgeon or should I wait it out?any idea's let me know please !!!
Nurse343
on 6/11/08 10:38 am - Colorado Springs, CO
what kind of surgery did you have in the past, how long ago and what is your wt at present and bmi
chellyalb
on 6/11/08 12:44 pm - Raleigh, NC
Hello I had a rny back in 2001... I weight about 175ishnot sure on my BMI I think it is around 30? not to sure on weight and BMI. But I know that I need to have a revision or at least I believe I do.
charleston-mom
on 6/11/08 10:41 pm
Your BMI is probably not high enough to qualify for a revision. Unfortunately, it may not help you as well unless you can change your eating habits since it's likely you would just regain the weight. Could you try some counseling, join a gym and meet with a nutritionist? I think RNY can be really, really hard and sometimes people don't realize how hard it is because we all lose pretty easily early out. But it's just a tool. If we don't get some counseling, stay in a good support group, exercise, and totally change our eating habits for the rest of our lives, we just don't have a prayer of keeping this weight off. A revision might help someone lose the weight, but 2 years later it will just be regained unless you get a handle on the food issue itself. You admit you can't stop eating. A revision will not help with that. You could have several revisions, get down to 110, and still regain all your weight. I would ask your surgeon if he can recommend a good therapist, support group, and get with a good dietician or nutritionist and follow their recommendations. That's the only thing that's going to work. Our RNYs give us a window of opportunity to jump start our weight loss, but that's all. It's the same with a revision unless there actually is something really wrong with your stoma or pouch. I guess the thing to start with is an upper GI, endoscopy and then see where you stand. The most important thing though, whatever you do, is to try to get a handle on why you are compulsively eating or no surgery is going to help. We're all here for you though! All of us know how hard it is.
AmandaDelhi
on 6/13/08 3:37 am - Delhi, CA
Your BMI is high enough I want revision also my doctor said i am a canidate my BMI is 31 but he wants me to try to lose weight on my own without sugery it is really hard i find myself always hungry  I go back in 3 months if i have not lost weight he wants to try diet pills i been trying diet pills it seem i am back on the yoyo diets  which i souldn.t do i only have one kidney that why i got surgery in the first place  well i did get endoscope my pouch did get longer mybe it is my fault i got pregnant 2 months out
Most Active