one week out of vbg revision

andibabyz2
on 6/9/08 2:17 pm
I am one week out of vbg to open rny and i'm having a lot of pain.  i had vbg surgery four and a half years ago. any one have any ideas as to other foods other than mashed potaos :-P.  my husband tried cooking them w/ beef broth.  
Melissa D.
on 6/11/08 7:31 am - West Burlington, IA
I had my VBG(1999, open) revised to RNY(open) in February.  I had a lot of pain the first few weeks.  I don't know what to tell you about foods... I was on liquids then pureed foods when I came home from the hospital.  If you are on the pureed stage, you can puree and eat just about any foods as long as they are very moist.  Cottage cheese, cream of wheat, tuna w/a bit of mayo...

Mel

cray
on 6/12/08 2:45 pm - houston, TX
Hi, I have an VGB done in 2001 open and now i'm getting the RNY done. Can you give me any advice. How long were you in the hospital and how much weight have you lost so far.
charleston-mom
on 6/12/08 11:29 pm
I had a revision to RNY in August and have lost 111 pounds since them (I'm 126 now). I did find I had a fair amount of pain that first week. Just try to get through it. I found that sugar free popsicles were a life saver. Try to skip the beef broth. I think that would have made me sick. The only kind of mashed potatoes I could eat at your stage were the small cup (one scoop) from Bojangles. They seemed to sit really well. Steer clear of butter as it will make you nauseous. Try those - they are made without lard (like KFC's) and I was able to really do well with the Bojangles one. I lived on that actually for about 3 weeks. Don't know what I would have done without it. I also got a lot of chicken noodle soup and ate just the broth - much better than plain chicken broth.
Most Active