back from surgery

ALABAMA
on 6/9/08 8:19 am - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA

revision surgery went very well I had no problem .  two days in the hospital in fla. and two days recovery at my sisters home in south ga.  and I drove myself to home today 3 1/2 hrs drive.  I  took two tylenol extra strength  and the drive was pain free.  surgery was june 4th and I feel fine.  I had a wounderful doctor  that have done many revision with great sucess. I will keep you posted. glenda in ga.

darnell239
on 6/9/08 9:40 am - Columbia, SC
Glenda, Glad all went well.  I see Dr. Overcash was your Dr.  I was going to use him until I decided I didn't like the idea of an open surgery.  I am scheduled for July 10th for a lap RNY revision in NC.  God willing I will have no problems or complications.  Again, congratulations and I hope everything continues to work like it should with no complications!
ALABAMA
on 6/9/08 9:28 pm - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA
Darnell, this was my first open surgery and I was expecting the worst  due to pain and, I had the complete opposite.   I'm doing liquids for 3 weeks and I will keep you posted. Good luck on the 10th with your surgery.
ginau
on 6/10/08 1:30 am - mesa, AZ
its so nice to hear yoru doing well. My open was not bad either, Up and going latter in day, driving in  less than a week, managed pain ,  I was back on soft foods in a week. and regular foods in 2 weeks - just waited for intestines to heal.
ALABAMA
on 6/10/08 3:08 am - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA
Gina , thank you so much for all your help.  you help me more than you will ever know.  Glenda in ga.
ALABAMA
on 6/10/08 3:24 am - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA
Gina, thank you so much for answering all my question.  recovery has been very good.  I'm on liquids for 3 weeks and 3 weeks pureed them soft.
Nanfran46
on 6/9/08 10:39 am - Shelton, CT
Glad to read all went well with you!  I am up North in CT waiting to be approved for GB revision. I dont know what to say why I want to do it over. UHHHH I failed?
ALABAMA
on 6/9/08 9:36 pm - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA
when did you have your surgery and what kind?
Nanfran46
on 6/10/08 7:21 am - Shelton, CT
I had gastric bypass in 2004. I only lost 40 lbs with the surgery and regained it all. Aftercare was poor. I remember this skinny blond saying "you people screw up your bodies and come to us for help" She really had a problem with overweight people. So i never went back. I come to find out that Dr. Tran is no longer with the hospital. Wonder why? Anyway I am going to see another Dr. To see If there is any hope. Thanks for askin. Nancy
ALABAMA
on 6/10/08 9:47 am - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA
Nancy, that is great and you did'nt eat out the surgery.  Fine a doctor that have done many revision and get the tests and your old pre-op report, upper gi, egd,and swallowing test. or you can wait until you see the doctor.  I knew that I would need all these test and I was ready since 2006 and each year I would get new tests to show the changes with the pouch and stoma sizes . and the intestine was not by-pass enough according to the rny standard and, my pouch was very large and the stoma was also not done correctly.  I hope this will help you. Glenda in  ga.
Most Active