Thinking of a Revision and Mother is not Happy

crimsondelight
on 6/9/08 11:38 am - Owings Mills, MD
Thanks Ginau, a powerful message especially that last mesage. "Pray for yourself and your family-it never hurts". I can understand why you waited until after the surgery to tell about your "tweaking" that was cute and very clever
SassySharon
on 6/9/08 3:14 am - Orlando, FL

Girlfriend, you are so in my prayers! I pray that all goes well for each of us. My removal of the band and my RNY are scheduled for July 7, I'm, oh so, excited!  I had the Lapband on May 17, 2007, problems in October no fills since then, so RNY here I come, yeahhhhhh! My Mom said you lost weight prior without having surgery, so why do that. Then when I stopped losing she said you could have lost that much weight on your own, I lost about 22, then gained 12 back. So my family thinks that I'm only going in to get my band fixed, I don't want or need any additional stress regarding this, I know I'm pitiful right.  I didn't have the RNY, before because of my fears, I had never been in the hospital overnight, fear. yes I should have given it up to God and gave in to the RNY, I gave it up to him and went for the less invasive L-B, my regret since I'm about to go thru this again with what I should have originally did. Pray on it Girl, God will lead you in the right direction. Good luck and God Bless, you and yours.....

crimsondelight
on 6/9/08 11:43 am - Owings Mills, MD
Hey Sharon,  I can't say thank you enough for taking time out of your busy schedule to send me this post. It was very heartfelt as well as so many others I have received. Please keep in touch and keep me posted as you embark on this new journey in your life. I am believing that you are going to do great with this surgery and God has already worked it out for you and I both. I have a sense of overall peace in this matter but you know the devil is always busy and tapping me on my shoulder to cause fear and doubt. I am just going to keep praying and believing that all is going to be well including the relationship with my Mom that is strugging right now.
Hondurian Queen
on 6/9/08 7:30 am - BOSTON, MA
girl your mom is just scared but there is nothing to fear believe me she will be there for you no matter what she isnt going to let you go alone just explain to her this is what you want to do you have faith in god that he will carry you thru and thats that

crimsondelight
on 6/9/08 11:45 am - Owings Mills, MD
Hello HQ,  thanks so much for responding. How are you feeling? Has recovery been any different so far than what we experienced after the lapband? How long did you take off work?  I too feel my mother is just scared and I hope she will soon find peace with the surgery as well because lawd knows she is stressing me out. I already have enough stressors with work and school and don't need the extras
linda249
on 6/9/08 3:53 pm - xenia, IL
First of all crimsondelight they have not walked a mile in your shoes, I have always said where am I going to live when my body is gone? Meaning when my body has been so depleted by all the things that being fat and very overweight does to my body where will I live when my body is gone. My husband did not want me to have the surgery done either but almost secretly I went ahead with my plans getting all my papers in order and all my Drs. giving my referals and hasseling with the insurance but I dont think he really thought I was serious, my family was against it and really some of them said oh you can do it without going that route and I said no I cant. I have tried for years and having as much weight to lose as I did it was not goin g to happen and my Dr. also told me that when you get to a certain age and being so overweight it will not happen without WLS. My daughter said she was against it my mother was also and my mothers neighbor and my husband was too, so I said to him one night I dont have a quality of life at all I cant walk any distance I have to have a cart and then I am out of breath I can not get clothes to fit and also shoes are hard to fit I gave him all of my reasons for wanting it done, then I said I am going to do this whether or not you want to support me in this I AM GOING TO DO IT, and if you dont I will do it anyway I could die of a heart attack right now because I am so heavy I had already had two hearth caths because of shortness of breath and now I think they wwere only to serve me as warnings because both of then were OK I am so glad I had it done, I only wish  sooner !!!!!!!!And yes I felt peace about it that I would be alright
crimsondelight
on 6/10/08 3:07 pm - Owings Mills, MD
Thanks Linda, your most was such an inspiration to me. how do your family feel now?
linda249
on 6/11/08 12:58 am - xenia, IL
My family is very glad I had it done, but they still worried,  but they seemed to be fine with it even the day of surgery, now they look back at my old fat pictures and say Mom I didnt realize you have lost so much weight, because when a person sees you all the time or often they dont see it since it is maybe coming off slow but if they had not seen you for a year or whatever they would really see a difference. now they know I am more active too and can do more things.
crimsondelight
on 6/11/08 3:53 am - Owings Mills, MD
that's great! your story gives me hope
McStef66
on 6/10/08 7:09 am - Katy, TX
Friday, June 13 will be a year since I had my revision from VBG (April 14, 1997) to RNY.  I'm fine.  I'm at a healthy weight and I'm able to get on the floor and play around with my daughter. Hell, we just got back from a trip to Las Vegas last week and I walked 8 hours a day for 5 days straight and never was out of breath for a minute. The complications from leaving the band in would have been way worse since my band had slipped and got infected.  Thank God for my surgeon! All this to tell you that you'll be fine and your mom is just worried, it's what moms do. You'll be in my prayers...because we both know you're doing this to save your life. Much love to you! Stef
Most Active