Stomphax Surgery

getinther
on 6/8/08 11:12 am - AL

Hi, I found a doctor nearby and am scheduled for the initial appointment, but there's a problem.  insurance might not pay for it!  Does anyone have ideas or information about alternatives?

Thanks,

lori86
on 6/8/08 12:14 pm - Bothell, WA
Hello,
I am so sorry your insurance won't assist you. Mine wouldn't even cover my initial wls...that was a bummer and a lot of out of pocket $$.

What kind of wls did you have? Just curious. There is an alternative to those other procedures. It is called sclerotherapy. I have had this done as well as others on this board and are very happy.

Go through the post and look for that topic for all the threads about it. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
Lori
E.J.
on 6/21/08 10:12 pm - Springfield, MO
 I just had sclerotherapy on Wednesday.  Did you just need one session?  I've heard that it takes   2-3 sessions before you feel a difference.  Can I ask how long out  and how are you doing with it? 

E.J. ....sitting on the loser's bench!!! 

"People will forget what you said, people will forget
what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"    Maya Angelou

pepsi98
on 6/9/08 6:41 pm - Norwich, CT
I had stomaphyx and had to pay out of pocket...I wish I had just gone right to where I am now...waiting to be scheduled for a lap band placed over my old gastric stapling.  I lost 17 lbs initially, but then gained it all back plus more.  I had little to no restriction.  Save yourself some money...there is a reason why insurance is not paying for this.
getinther
on 6/12/08 9:56 pm - AL
Thanks, how did you initiate the lap band procedure.  Is insurance paying for it?
pepsi98
on 6/13/08 7:34 am - Norwich, CT
I just went back to my MD for my stomaphyx post op and said "Do you want to talk about my failure and shame (over gaining all weight back PLUS more) or do you want to talk about a revision.?"  We discussed the options and agreed to talk the following week and decided on a lap band placed over my old gastric stapling.  I am now waiting for approval from my insurance company.
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

Most Active