Can I go out of town at only 10 days post op?

M. Hall
on 6/8/08 11:53 am - Norcross, GA

My surgery is June 17th, and my family reunion is the 27th in Washington, D. C. And yes we are driving, it is a 10 hour ride. Please give me some advice. My family is planning and I so want to go, if not they are going to take my children and all of my immediate family in Georgia said they were going to leave me here all by myself. They know they wrong! What was your experience like 10 out of the surgery?

ginau
on 6/9/08 1:19 am - mesa, AZ
I was back to normal in about a week and driving . Just be prepared for numerous  toilet breaks ..  Make sure to take  lots of water and protein drinks with you.  Also if your doing a revision - you may have lots of gas !!!   Dr  put me on flagyl to counteract  it.
ShayZ
on 6/10/08 1:57 pm - Somewhere, TX
LOL, I did the inspection on my first house abt 10 days out of surgery.  I can't say it was comfortable but I did it and that included climbing in and out of the attic.  Good luck, but if it were me, I would take a vacation from the kids and family and let them GO!
Jill_77
on 6/11/08 8:30 am - MN
I was back to normal at 10 days out, except I was still working on my eating/drinking schedule and suffering from fatigue.  If you love road trips and tolarate being in the car now without any car sickness issues you should do fine.  I was always a little nauseous at that stage, but maybe just me.  Good luck on your surgery!

Preop 286/Surgery day 276/Current 203/Goal 145

M. Hall
on 6/11/08 8:50 am - Norcross, GA
Thanks ladies for your responses I guess time will tell if I will go out of town or not. A vacation away from my kids does sound good though. Lol
Most Active