now had the scleratherapy twice

linda249
on 6/8/08 1:01 pm - xenia, IL
well he must be planning on doing it one more time sounds like, because he said it might need it another time
Gina_Fife
on 6/10/08 12:48 am - Bozeman, MT
Thanks Linda and Lori for all the advice. I asked some questions that I guess have now been answered so here are some more: 1) what do you do differently now that you have had it done? Eat less? Eat better? 2) Could you have done these things WITHOUT the sclerotherapy? Would you have the same success? 3) What kind of success have you had in terms of weight loss? Could you have done this anyways? I guess since I started following a post-WLS lifestyle I am wondering if the surgery would be a helpful tool or if I already have all the tools I need to begin to lose the regain. I have 3 kids at home and a husband who works 80 hours a week. I need to make sure the down-time and recovery is worth it in the end. I realize it's only 2 days but I have to account for babysitters for trips to doctors etc. Thanks so much. I really do appreciate your help. I am not trying to be negative about this at all. It does sound like a good option, I just want to "weigh" (no pun intended) all the facts first. Gina
linda249
on 6/10/08 2:16 am - xenia, IL
First of all there is no down time at all oh you may be a little tired the first day and there is no 2 days involved either! 1. I would not have done anything different. I think I do eat less but of course we always have to watch our food we eat it is just a tool to work with  2. No I could not have done it without the scleratherapy  because my stoma was too enlarged (that is the bottom of the pouch where the food empties out )and my food was not staying in the pouch to ever let me feel a fulness after I ate, I could eat a whole bag of popcorn for one thing . 3. no I dont think I could have done it anyway lose the extra weight because I had stayed at the same weight for a year and now I am losing again as you know it all depends what we put in our mouth. I do have the problem of wanting to eat when I'm not hungry why we do that I dont know maybe I just need to chew gum.  And another thing I did not have to go back to the Dr. til 4 to 6 weeks after the procedure and that was out patient and I was out in a few hours. I will tell you it has some pain with it and the Dr. told me it would but not bad you will be on a pain med when you come home so you will need someone to drive you home.   I may have regained weight if I had not taken some action
Wanda S.
on 6/10/08 4:12 am - Goldsboro, NC
this was a very informative post, I am a candidate for this procedure and this has helped me a lot. thanks Wanda
specialwalnut
on 6/18/08 8:15 am - Bedford, VA
Hi, I am very interested in seeing about getting the scleatherapy done.  I had Rny 6/2000 and my pouch and stoma has enlarge some.  I don't want to have to do more surgery if I can help it. What you have said about scleatherapy sounds very good.  I am going to get my Dr. to sit up me a appointment with a Gastroenterologist  (GI) . Is this what I need to to in order to get started? And did you lost weight from it? I have gained 50 lbs from the weight I had lost. I started gaining after 5 yrs.  Any help you can tell me I would be thankful.  Sonia
linda249
on 6/18/08 3:20 pm - xenia, IL
My weight loss surgeon did mine scleratherapy  (or at least his partner, they work together with the WLS) because he knows what to do, I dont know if that is something a gastro Dr. does, I dont know if he is an  actual surgeon, I would go back to my original surgeon  because they know just how to go in to be very careful because you have a small pouch and to not damage it  I would not want someone other than my surgeon to do it, to tell you the truth. because they know what they are dealing with. And yes I do think ,well I know it has gave me more restriction but I know he has already told me he will probably have to do it again he does not want to do it too much at one time til he sees how much I get with each time he does the procedure, see the injection makes the stoma (the opening at the bottom of the Pouch) cause a scar tissue to develope for a period of 4 weeks  that is one reason he wants me to come back after 4 weeks  it makes the stoma smaller with the scar tissue developing
specialwalnut
on 6/19/08 12:13 am - Bedford, VA
Thanks  Linda,  you have helped me alot.
E.J.
on 6/21/08 10:26 pm - Springfield, MO
I had Dr De La Torre for my gastric bypass and never lost all I should have and stopped losing at about 5 months.  I went back (finally) to see if there was anything I could do and they had Dr. Scott do the sclerotherapy on Wednesday.  I'm not sure why they gave me Scott, but that was OK, he's great too.  My question is when you go back in 4-6 weeks for a recheck, what does this visit entail?  I was told they just ask a few questions....and I have to drive 3 1/2 hours, so I asked if I could do this over the phone and they said no. Since I was told I would have to have a few sessions since my stoma was 3 times larger than it should have been, I asked if I could have the visit and the next treatment on the same day and they said no again.  From your experience, is there any reason they would do this, or should I call and ask to speak to someone else?

E.J. ....sitting on the loser's bench!!! 

"People will forget what you said, people will forget
what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"    Maya Angelou

Most Active