Duodenal Switch

PhatGranny
on 6/7/08 6:37 am
From what I have read, this is a much easier surgery with none of the pitfalls of regular Gastric Bypass. Anyone know of any doctors in Alabama that does this? Katy
ASC
on 6/7/08 11:18 am - Alvin, TX
Hi, Katy!  Look on duodenalswitch.com. They have a complete list of DS surgeons in every state.  Good luck!  I love my DS!

ANN          

Dave Chambers
on 6/11/08 1:32 am - Mira Loma, CA
The "pitfalls" or RNY are to assist you in weight loss. Sure you need vitamins and calcium citrate, but you stand to have more deficiencies with the surgery mentioned. More labs will be needed, probably more supplements needed, but you may not dump on sugar. Sugar is the downfall of many obese patients, and that's why RNY works so well with most patient. Make sure you ask the surgeon to compare the post op care needed for both the RNY and the DS, and that may affect your decision. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Most Active