Cost of self pay

JSIL
on 6/7/08 12:06 pm
Hi, I have the lap-band.  Does anyone know what the cost of having the band removed would be?  Also, the cost of having the band removed and revision to RNY?  Any ideas would be appreciated, I don't know if my insurance will cover it due to my BMI being 33 now and no real "medical" problems.  Just for me, throwing up daily, getting stuck, and now heartburn, oh and don't forget being hungry all the time is problem enough.  I can't see throwing up all the time could be good for you.  Thanks for your thoughts!  Jenny 

Deanne K.
on 6/7/08 1:55 pm - Tucson, AZ
Have it submitted to the insurance, what do you have to lose?  If you have everything documented they might cover it.
(deactivated member)
on 6/7/08 2:27 pm, edited 6/7/08 2:27 pm - AZ

Get a copy of your insurance policy and see your doctor. It all depends on the documenation and your policy. No one can really tell you. Maybe your insurance will pay for the removal because there is complications and might not cover revision ? I would ask the doctor what his prices are and some tell you up front if your paying by cash. Thats what I did back in 1997 for my gastic bypass and check what the hospital charges to. Throwing up all the time could cause you to rupture your esophagus and that you could die from. I would see a doctor about the vomting asap. Good luck, Dawn

JSIL
on 6/7/08 11:07 pm
Thank you, I see the doctor on Thursday. 

joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 6/9/08 7:16 am - 128 Belt, MA
I think it depends what City you are located in.   In Boston..the cost is 30-$35k...less 20% perhaps for cashdiscount.   Also, sometimes a community hospital vs. the large teaching hospital could be cheaper..and your doc might do surgery at both. You can call admissions and they will tell you the cost.  Good luck, Joan
Most Active