eXperiance w/pain,recovery lapband to RNY

Ella Nchanted
on 6/7/08 7:48 am - LA
Considering haveing my lapband removed and getting RNY Im curious about the pain/recovery and eating rules for RNY ,SUCH AS during recovery.

Brittwoman
on 6/7/08 12:02 pm - West Babylon, NY
My Lap Band to RNY revison went GREAT I had NO pain. Besides having a dilauid PCA my surgeon used an on-q pain pump also. I was up and running the halls 6 hours post-op. As far as eating, the rules are basically the same as Lap Band. I was on clears for 2 weeks post-op, then advanced to full liquids for a week, then on to puree' foods, and by week 4 I was on regular foods. Same rules apply, 60 -70 grams of protein daily. No food that contain more then 7 grams of sugar and 14 grams of carbs. Eat all meals SLOWLY making sure you chew all food throughly. NO drinking with meals.
                  Weight loss since begining WLS journey -141lbs!     

** Ticker shows weight loss since Day of Revision Surgery **

slfam
on 6/10/08 2:49 pm - WI
Recovery was a bit longer for me but it really wasn't bad.  The pain was about the same except I had no gas pains in th shoulder this time. YES!  I don't have to chew my food as much but I try to do it anyway. One warning, weight loss can be slower. Mine is a LOT slower. I am more than a month out and have only lost 12 pounds. It STINKS! And I know I am being good and have started excercising. I am hoping it will move soon.
charleston-mom
on 6/11/08 3:55 am
I had a revision from lapband to RNY and very, very little pain. Recovery was pretty easy (I had a small incision infection in one of the little incisions), but other than that, it was easy. I have lost very fast - just like an initial RNY though. I'm down to 126 since last August. Over 111 pounds down since then. I love my RNY!
Most Active