water retention after revision??

jacquelyn7
on 6/6/08 11:50 am - Wall Township, NJ
hi there; i am back and stressing about my revision. i saw my dr. today about not having lost any weight since revision on may 19th. he said it's possible that i'm retaining water since i'm 3 weeks out and also may be some affects from inflammation. has anyone had this experience? is this *really* why i haven't lost any weight? :) i'm putting away the scale. lol thank you for listening to my continued neuroses. kindest regards, jackie
skinny_cyndi
on 6/11/08 2:32 am - Mahwah, NJ
I had a revision on 2/28 and am down about almost 41 pounds. The weight loss with a revision can be a long and slow, arduous process so be prepared. We lose weight slower, especially if they fixed you original surgery and this was not a conversion from a different one. I gained over 10 pounds from IV fluids when I cam home. That came off after a week and a half or so. Keep at it, it will happen!
jacquelyn7
on 6/11/08 3:09 am - Wall Township, NJ
hi Cyndi! Thank you for your reply!! Congratulations to you! That is wonderful! It does seem slower- I'm glad I'm not the only one. Your water weight came off after a week and a half? I'm thinking that's probably not what I have then. I'm just over 3 weeks out and I haven't lost a pound! When did you start to see the scale move? It is so frustrating. Thank you for your encouragement; I am actually off to the gym right now! Best regards, Jackie
Most Active