post-op & not losing weight?!

jacquelyn7
on 6/5/08 10:23 pm - Wall Township, NJ
hi friends, i'm not sure what's going on. i had a revision surgery on may 19th.... and i haven't lost any weight. has anyone experienced this? does the body need to "jump start" on the weight loss some how? i've followed the diet strictly, but no change on the scale. any insight would be soooo greatly appreciated- i'm getting very nervous. best regards, jackie
Duval Diva
on 6/5/08 11:42 pm - JACKSONVILLE, FL
what kind of reversion you had?
jacquelyn7
on 6/5/08 11:45 pm - Wall Township, NJ
Hi Diva :) I had a Roux-en-Y in 2004; when they did the endoscopy, the Dr. found that my stoma was totally open and my pouch was large, so they re-constructed my pouch and stoma to be the right size again. I'm not sure if there's an actual name for that, I just know what they did. lol :) But.... I just think I should've lost weight by now. The first time around, by this time (3 weeks out), I had already lost over 20lbs. Ugh! :) Worried, Jackie
Duval Diva
on 6/6/08 12:46 am - JACKSONVILLE, FL
ok the reason i ask is because i had reversion on the 16th and i too are not droppin in weight like i thought  i can feel the restriction and just can get  down soft food it feels just like when i  first had my surgery but i am not loosing i dont know what is going on  i was 210 the morning of surgery and i go between 207 to 205 and  that is it  so i go for my check up on the 16th  i'm just puzzled but maybe my body thinks it is Starving and Just not letting go the Fat
jacquelyn7
on 6/6/08 12:57 am - Wall Township, NJ
hey i hear you, my friend. i was 260 (i think, possibly 255) day of surgery.... and now i am 250. im seeing my dr. today for an unrelated incision issue, so i'm definitely going to bring it up. i asked 2 weeks ago when i noticed a week out i hadn't dropped a pound, but they said to give it a couple weeks to let any inflammation go down, and etc. but.... that's already happened and still no change. you make a good point though- maybe our bodes think they're starving and not letting go of fat??? but... my goodness, i'm still on full liquids and veryyy few pureed foods- you'd think with that kind of  diet change, the weight loss would happen. it's sscary though, right?  to worry like this. what kind of revision did you have? and how are you feeling? :)
Most Active