Have a sweet tooth

darnell239
on 6/5/08 10:59 pm - Columbia, SC
As many of you know I am having revision surgery on July 10th.  I'm going from a mini-gastric bypass to a RNY.  I have given up soda's completely but I still have not lost any weight by giving up soda's.  I am now drinking sugar-free kool-aid and crystal light.  My big problem is I have a sweet tooth.  I like desserts, ice cream, and candy.  I want to go into this surgery learning from my previous mistakes.  I don't know what to do to kick the sweet tooth problem.  Unfortunately, I never had dumping syndrome from my previous surgery and who is to say I will have it with this surgery.  Thanks for any input.
Just Valena
on 6/6/08 12:55 am - Nunyabizness
You are right...there is no guarantee that you will dump. Now I know nothing about MGB at all, but I' ve had an RNY. Food will be the LAST thing on your mind for a while. I'm sure that will give you time to get that 'sugar' out of your system! I go through phases where I love sweet stuff, then it doesn't taste good AT ALL. So maybe that relearning time will be your opportunity to get away from it. I remember right after my RNY, there were lots of things I loved that just didn't taste as good, and some of them still don't. I have seen a lot of your posts...congrats on finally getting your revision!

fortworthgal
on 6/6/08 1:00 am, edited 6/6/08 1:02 am - Fort Worth , TX

Thats great that you gave up the soda. If you were drinking 4 cans a day of regular coke, that is 600 calories of pure sugar! I also am revising to RNY and I worry too about sweets because I love em! So i dont have any answers......I just hope we both find that something inside that will make us change our eating habits.....dumping would be nice though as a way to say STOP IT! Also off topic.....I dont think insurance will cover a breast lift but if you get a reduction, the lift comes with it because when they take the tissue out they lift the nipple up. I had a breast reduction. I was a DD and he took out 3 and half lbs of tissue total which doesnt seem like a lot but it sure helped my back. Of course after I lose all the weight, I probably wont have ANY boobs left! Im willing to take that chance. After having huge boobs for so long, not having much doesnt really bother me.

I went from lap band to RNY on Aug 1 2008.

SW    CW  GW
5'2"     205/133/ ?

Most Active