"FLEECING THE FAT"

Strawberry2
on 6/5/08 8:51 am, edited 6/5/08 8:51 am

I believe Alex used this term - I am so pissed right now - so I went to my follow up appt with the dietician - kept my food log , changed my eating habits - hey even lost 8 lbs - so she tells me "oh- it'll be 40.00 for the copay so she doesn't take credit - so I say I will run to the mac machine and then she said an another 40.00 for the cleareance report "WTF"  so I get in my car and basically come home - called her office telling her I was having issues with the machine and that I will be in this week with the payment but also that I was going to call my insurance to find out as to why I have to pay for a clearance letter when she is on my plan ..... thanks for letting me vent!!! - JoAnn

cmr3399
on 6/5/08 9:45 am - Bayville, NJ
JoAnn......         I am sooo sorry your having so much trouble....VENT ALL YOU WISH!!!!!!!!!!!! Christine
Strawberry2
on 6/6/08 8:48 pm
thanks Chris - well she changed her tune after I told her that I was calling the insurance company - all I have to do is go back and pay the office copay and she'll have the letter by next week - that is just crazy how the "professionals" try to cheat you because thay know we need their clearance - thanks again - JO
kdsmith
on 6/6/08 9:43 pm - TX
I'm glad you stood up to her.  I hate greedy people.
Strawberry2
on 6/9/08 8:29 am
def me too- funny I was calling for a nut clearance and came across someone close to home - so he said he had never done a baritric clearance and that he was interested in it so I told him that first he had to do some research on the surgeries and also that I had a sample letter - well wouldn't you know it I forwarded him the letter and never heard back - I called and told him off too - I hate that they feel as if you are at their mercy - well thanks for letting me vent my next nut appt is in 2 weeks - so hopefully "fingers' crossed" my insurance will ok it - Jo
Most Active