6 MONTH RESTORE TRIAL UPDATE

POOBEAR
on 6/5/08 4:57 am - Cahokia, IL
Hi everyone I had my 6 month endo yesterday I was one of the first 5 lead -in in St. Louis so I auctually had the procedure nothing held.  The Doc told me my pouch was 4cm by 4cm and my stoma is  24mm twice the size it should be. I have an appointment to see Dr. James Scott on the 23rd to see what my options are now. I hope I won't have too much trouble with insurance.  My prayers go out to everyone.
ShayZ
on 6/5/08 8:56 am - Somewhere, TX

I am so sorry to hear that things didn't work for you.  I will pray for you because I know it has got to be devastating.  I was not able to be in the trial but made an attempt...you actually had the procedure and it didn't work? 

POOBEAR
on 6/6/08 1:52 am - Cahokia, IL

Thank you Shay for your prayers.  No the procedure didn't work and they told me they are not having much luck with it.  He told me the only option for me now is to have a revision.

PhatGranny
on 6/7/08 6:39 am
What was the procedure? Katy
lori86
on 6/7/08 11:41 am - Bothell, WA
I feel pretty silly asking this but have never been told in cm what my pouch was. Do you what the ideal size of our pouch should be? I know when I have my endo recently my stoma is still small (9mm).

Thanks
LoriLee
POOBEAR
on 6/30/08 4:32 am - Cahokia, IL
Hi LoriLee sorry I haven't gotten back sooner.  I went to Dr. James Stephen Scott last week and he told me my pouch and stoma were both twice the size they should be.  He said the pouch should be around 2 cm by 2 cm and stoma around 12.  He wants to start out doing sclerotherapy on me but I am not sure if I want to or not I see alot of failed ones on the board and don't want to fail again. I mentioned to him that I wanted an extended Rny but he said because of the way my original surgery was done that it is very risky, so I may not do anything I feel like such a failure.  I am sorry I couldn't help you out more I am not sure what the difference is between cm and mm. have a great day.
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/08 1:25 am
POOBEAR
on 6/30/08 4:24 am - Cahokia, IL
I am sorry I haven't gotten back sooner I am so sorry to hear that you had to pay no I wasn't  aware that we had to pay for any problems I will keep you in my prayers.
Most Active