This might be a strange question???

TraciMac
on 6/5/08 3:22 am - THE STAR CITY, VA

I had to have surgery again last month on the 15th.  (This is my 6 adhesion surgery in over 12 years, 7 surgeries total) I had my bypass in July of 2004, lost tons of weight and felt great until the adhesions started to attach to my pouch and rip it, not to mention the partial bowel obstruction.  Due to where the obstruction was the doctor decided to route my bypass further down and stated I would lose more weight.  Is this considered a revision?  Some say yes and others no.  I wasn't so lucky with this surgery, I have a midline incision (5th one of those) but the recovery seems to be quicker then before.  Also, I just hate to think the hair loss is going to happen again.  I have lost hair with every surgery I have had!  HAS TO THE ANESTHESIA FOR ME!   THANKS FOR YA'LLS TIME... REAL LONELY HERE TODAY! TRACI MAC

katydidit64
on 6/5/08 4:26 am - north port, FL
I am not really sure... I think you need to ask a surgeon this question.  But my Gut says no this is not revision due to the bowel obstruction its to prevent further episodes, sorta ike your bowel is malfunctioning and needs to be removed to prevent more serious complications in the future.  Wishing you the best of luck!
ginau
on 6/5/08 1:48 pm - mesa, AZ
yes it is ...   Due to your  connection being moved down! Did your surgeon mention how much common channel you have ??  Hair loss is more from lack of protein  and malabsoption, amke sure to keep up on protein and  vitamins ,, Chewable  & high quality tend to work best !!! 
Most Active