I have a 500cc Pouch

kdsmith
on 6/5/08 5:39 am - TX
Don't ask me how because I can't tell you but my pouch is 500cc.  My surgeon of choice wrote a letter to my insurance company explaining the revision request had nothing to do with weight loss because I have had successful weight loss (I'm a size 12) having loss 71% of my excess.  I haven't spoken to him but stopped by his office to get the test results of my barium swallow and they gave me a copy of the letter he wrote to my insurance company.  He plans to do a partial wedge gastrectomy to reduce my pouch to 15-20cc's.  I'm new on this board.  Has anyone heard of this happening before?  I burp constantly and have reflex bad.  I'm miserable.
ginau
on 6/5/08 1:57 pm - mesa, AZ
Neve heard this before -- keep us posted ! Sounds like he is diagnosis  is how he will get them to approve it ,,, not as a bypass revision..  When was your first surgery  done ???
(deactivated member)
on 6/5/08 2:21 pm - AZ
I was looking in my coding book and the diagnosis would be Gastric dilation and they do a wedge resection of it. I looked up the cpt code. I don't know what causes it.......Dawn
kdsmith
on 6/6/08 9:36 pm - TX
Lap, June 2001.  So, it's been 7 years. 
Most Active