Possible Surgery Date of July 1, 2008

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/08 2:45 pm, edited 6/4/08 2:47 pm - AZ

I have good news. I am having my Psych Consult tomorrow night. I am so happy. Jen said soon as we get results back next week. She will submit to the insurance company.I hope we can get that asap because I am having a very hard time sleeping due to bad knee pain. I got all of my doctors to do a medical neccesary letter for me. I got most of them to do it in 1 week. Maybe because I go to see them so much . Jen gave me a tenative date of July 1. Kick ASS... I am so pumped. I called another Psych doctor to do my testing and consult tomarrow. That was a fluke. I have been waiting a 5 weeks to have one done on June 16. My insurance is pretty fast with auths but if request in asap they do it in 72 hours. I have been up for 2 days and can't sleep. I normally can't sleep and I told the sleep study people that and told them I need to do the sleep study done at 5am to 1pm thats when I sleep the best. I told everyone and no one listens. My insurance company says they only pay for 1 a year but I already have sleep apnea and my test results from 2 weeks were no good because I did not really sleep and they had to put me on CPAP anyways. But I guess after my surgery I have to have another one but someone is eating the cost and my Pulmonolgist said my insurance should pay. They better. Send me good vibes so I can have my surgery July 1. Dawn......

mew6495
on 6/5/08 8:18 am - MI
CONGRATULATIONS DAWN ON YOUR POSSIBLE DATE! How exciting. I hope everything turns out well for you. Keep us posted!
S Andrews
on 6/5/08 9:31 am - eatonville, WA
I'm so excited for you! I am still trying to get my psych eval lined up with someone- I have called about 20 different agencies today and can't find anyone to do it. Your psych eval is on MY birthday! I am planning on trying to get my surgery around the middle of July. Thats my game plan anyway. Hope all continues to go well for you. Sharon
Deanne K.
on 6/5/08 11:17 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Sharon, Don't feel bad it took me two weeks to get someone to call me back for the Psych Eval.  Mine is on Monday.  I am paying out of pocket, because I couldn't find anyone who would do it from my insurance.  I am willing to do it if it gets done quicker.  I can't tell you how many calls and messages I left.  Good Luck.  Idea, call another WLS surgeon and see who they use.  It might help.  That's what Dr. Schlesinger's office did for me, they found him, not me.
(deactivated member)
on 6/5/08 1:18 pm - AZ
Hi Sharon, Just got home from my Psych Eval and MMPI test and it went good. I talked to the doctor for 45 mins and the testing took 1 hour to do. He said he will have the results next week and fax to Dr Schlesinger. He said if it comes out good I don't have to go back and he will call me on the phone to discuss them. Happy Birthday. What did you do special today ? Dawn
ginau
on 6/5/08 1:54 pm - mesa, AZ
Dawn  Congratulations !!!!   Sounds like things are going good ! 
(deactivated member)
on 6/5/08 2:01 pm - AZ
I am getting real excited.. July 1 will be here soon. But I still have to get approval. But Jenn says the documentation is real good. THe Psych consult and test was not that bad. The testing asked the same dumb questions over and over again. Are you going to the next meeting at banner in June 14. I will be going. Remember when you brought that sample box in and gave stuff out. I took a bag of some chips and they were reallu good. What is the name of the company because I can't see it on the bag? Dawn
Most Active