Surgery tomorrow

Heidineub
on 6/4/08 7:03 am
My revision (open RNY) is tomorrow morning at Princeton Medical Center, NJ with Dr. Brolin. Say a prayer for me. I'll post again after I'm discharged from the hospital.
Strawberry2
on 6/4/08 9:56 am
CONGRATS SPEEDY RECOVERY SPEEDY WEIGHT LOSS KEEP US POSTED
Heidineub
on 6/10/08 4:00 am
Thank you for your message. I came home yesterday and am dealing with all the post-op "stuff." Taking things one day at a time.
mew6495
on 6/5/08 8:35 am - MI
I hope everything went well and that you are on your way to recovery! Enjoy this exciting adventure of yours!
Heidineub
on 6/10/08 4:03 am
Thank you!
fortworthgal
on 6/6/08 1:14 am - Fort Worth , TX
Good luck to you! When you come back please let us know what you revised from.

I went from lap band to RNY on Aug 1 2008.

SW    CW  GW
5'2"     205/133/ ?

Heidineub
on 6/10/08 4:11 am
I had open RNY in 1999. At the time I was living in Florida. After about two years the weight loss stopped. In the past six years I started to regain weight. No matter how much I followed the diet, exercised, etc... it was like I never had the surgery.  I found a doctor who is skilled at doing revisions. I didn't want to wait until I was any older or heavier. We had a long fight (10 months) with the insurance company.  But finally got the surgery approved. I had to have open procedure because of the first surgery being open and also because the revision was more complicated. My surgeon worked for six hours and revised the opening to the pouch and did a distal connection to bring about malabsorption. I came home yesterday and am starting the healing and recovery just like it was the first go-around.
Most Active