How do you deal with Gas and Flatus ?

mew6495
on 6/2/08 11:30 pm - MI
Hi Dawn, Thank you for your kind offer of help. I am from the Genesee area. A little town between Mount Morris and Clio. I am a little concerned about the trip home. If we fly, Dr. S. would like us to stay in the area about 10 days. If we drive he said we could probably leave to home in about a week. My husband does not like to fly and he would rather drive. I have a feeling it may be a "long" trip home.....;-). What took you to AZ from MI? Best of luck to you on your journey. Keep us posted on when you get your date.
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/08 11:41 pm, edited 6/2/08 11:41 pm - AZ
My fibromaylagia. Also I have osteoarthritis of my knee's. Both knee's need to be replaced. My  right knee is the worst. I could never survie in the cold brutal winters in Michigan. When it gets to 110 in AZ I feel pretty good. But this past winter was a killer on my knee's and I am not going thru that again  or I have to move to South America where it is warmer. You  have be careful flying or driving because you can get blood clots which I have already got them so puts at a bad risk for any surgery. I really like DR. Sschlesinger and he is so smart. He does not pull any puches and tells you like it is. Thats what I like most about him. His office is 20 to 30 mins away. Which is not to far. Keep me posted . Dawn
S Andrews
on 6/3/08 10:29 am - eatonville, WA
Dawn, I'm so excited for you! Your date is fast approaching! Any info  that you think might help any of us traveling would be so greatly appreciated. I am needing to get my psych eval scheduled so I can get going on this. I know its going to get really hot down in AZ  really soon here but I guess thats the price you pay for getting to see the sun. Here in Washington its beautiful but lots of rain today. I think I would have a 3 day drive home  if my husband and I were to drive. He will be going to Peru for a month in August so need to plan around that. How fast did you get your date scheduled once you had everything done? Did you have to wait long? How long do you expect to be in the hospital before Dr. S releases you? Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/08 1:19 pm, edited 6/3/08 1:25 pm - AZ
Sharon, I am still waiting for my Psych consult. Other than that that everything went pretty quick and say about 4 weeks. I had to get extra consults with other doctors because I have so many other problems.  I am having the ERNY and it is the extended one that  Joyce has mention above. She is real helpful in this area than I am. She stated in her above email that Jen at Dr Schlingers's can help you with hotel information because there are other people that come here to have surgery with Dr Schlisinger. I got  in real quick because I am their patient already. It should take about 3 days to get here if you take a nice drive. My neighbors are from Washington and they own 3 units in my little condo subdivison. The hotels are cheaper in the summer time because who wants to take a vaction here when it is 115 out side. I would rather go to Peru than come here. Sometimes it takes people months to get all there paper work together and have there surgery. I know of 1 patent of DR S's that had a open revision and stayed 1 day thats unbeleviable. I asked him how long would I say and he said a few days because all complications and history. They are ready to send my info to the insurance comany but my Psych eval is the hold up and they won't give me a sooner appt. Even Dr S's office them and said they can't get me in sooner. These Psych doctors must only work 2 days a weeks. It is reallying ******g me off. If I had the cash I would of had the Psych eval done 2 months ago but my insurance is paying for it. If I can help again just email me. Dawn
ginau
on 6/3/08 3:14 pm - mesa, AZ
Sharon  Joyce and I both had overnight stays in the hospital, Joyce was done at surgi center and then transported over , Mine was done at hospital  due to bmi , Surgery was at 7:00 a.m  was up and walking at 2:00   and out next day by noon..     Just make sure to  get  meds filled before your date .  I was happy to come home to vicodin. Dont get a lot of relief from  morphine..  
S Andrews
on 6/3/08 4:57 pm - eatonville, WA
Thanks!! You both have been so helpful. There is always this fear of the unknown and trying to work thru all the kinks!
Most Active