How do you deal with Gas and Flatus ?

ginau
on 5/31/08 12:47 am - mesa, AZ
I am looking  for suggestions to getting it under control..  I go back to work in 2 weeks  and hate to think about dealing with the bloat and gas ...   Any suggestions ??
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/08 6:38 am - AZ
When you find out let me know. That issue will be coming up when I have my revision to erny. Dawn
ginau
on 5/31/08 11:48 am - mesa, AZ
I posted on DS forum and it comes down to carbs - eliminate them ! Bland diet and  time  to heal !     TMI here -- I can evacuate a hospital with gas the last couple days !!!
Deanne K.
on 5/31/08 1:07 pm - Tucson, AZ

Hope you are doing good.  Let me know how it's going.  I have gas now and it's sometimes tough to get rid of.  I think part of mine is because of the constipation that is so bad.  Deanne

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/08 1:10 pm - AZ
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/08 1:13 pm - AZ

That's great about bland diet's. I love bland food. I don't really like anything spicy or that has a stronger taste. But I will find out........get it...... toot. .....toot....LOL

S Andrews
on 5/31/08 4:17 pm - eatonville, WA
Dawn, What type of revision did you decide to go with? I am hoping to get a revision done with Dr S myself. Am just waiting for things to settle down with my FIL and get a new plan in action for him then I can think about me. I would like to get a DS done.I had RNY 3 years ago and only lost 50 and have put some of that back on. I found out I have  a staple line disruption. It all seems so bizarre to have to go thru with this again. Please keep us all posted on what you have to do and how it all goes for you. I've heard wonderful things about Dr. S.  I think my only hang up is staying in AZ with someone after the surgery so need to figure it all out.  Thanks for any info you can pass on!!! Sharon A
ginau
on 5/31/08 4:43 pm - mesa, AZ
Sharon  Dr Schlesinger shortened my common channel to 75cm .. My RNY was 19 mo ago - lost 140 and gained back about 15 lbs..   I have yet to step on scale - trying to do it once a week ! But right now with Gas and all - I figure # are mixed up !!  Honestly - my surgery was easier this time around - Hope in 24 hrs , up and around in 2 days and ready  to drive in a week. I was going back to work early I am glad I didnt - cuz the gas is a killer.  I stocked up on a few supplements and will see how it goes !!  Staying in az is not too bad ...  I am starting to think one of us should  open up a after care  house  for people who travel out here..  I have a 2 bed house I share with 2 critters. 
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/08 4:31 pm - AZ
I remember on a episode of NIP and TUck they had a very nice aftercare center and made tons of money. I have a spare bedroom and private bathroom. Maybe we can rent them out to DR SChlesinger's pts...........
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/08 4:52 pm, edited 5/31/08 4:52 pm - AZ
The surgery that Dr Schlesinger has decided will be the extended gastric bypass, that is the malabsorbtion( I can't spell) one. He is not even doing to touch my stomach. My EDG said my stomach has streched. I am glad I found DR S. I interviewed with 3 doctors. Than I met people and they reccomened highly for revisions. I wanted the DS but Dr S said the better way for me is the extended where their remove more of your intestine.
Most Active