Tired of being cut on !

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/08 1:41 am
I had a bypass in 2000 and a revision in 2001. I wasn't over eating, my weight loss was just wacky and my dr. wanted to look around and ended up fixing a few things. It didn't start as a revision, but ended up being one.

I started out at 412lbs, lost down to 236. Was doing well. exercising, eating right, etc. Then depression and life made it difficult for me to continue with the pattern. I am now 285 and looking for a way to help me loose the extra weight and get back on the road to weight loss.

I originally was looking into a DS last year. But, I wasn't up for more incisions and the risks of more surgery.

Now I am looking into the two types on non - invasive procedures. Got a call from the Rose program today, they will be calling back next week. And I have a consult about a stomaphx (?) on June 3rd. Getting my information straight and looking into both of these are important to me.

Everyone has opinions and I'm open to all of them. The more info, the better.

Angela M.
on 5/28/08 10:59 am - Vicksburg , MS
Revision on 06/24/10 with
Hey Taylor.... What is your goal weight?

317/287/170

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/08 5:42 pm, edited 5/28/08 6:28 pm
190lbs would be nice. with exercise and proper eating I could work the tool to this weight. I should be about 150, but I'm not gonna hope for too much. Not sure how much you can loose with this type of surgery. I'm looking at the Stomaphyx, but they use fasteners. Not too sure about that one now.???
darnell239
on 5/28/08 8:27 pm - Columbia, SC
Taylor, From what I've been hearing on these forums the Rose procedure and stomaphx has not been that effective.  I think it is like putting a wound on a major problem.  Bite the bullet and see if you can get the DS procedure.
(deactivated member)
on 5/28/08 10:03 pm
been that route. the doctor wasn't willing to give me a full DS procedure. only the beginning portion of the operation. Taking down the pouch and creating a sleeve. The DS was a maybe.
Most Active