lap band to RNY -- any advice?

shel
on 5/27/08 1:33 pm - Howell, NJ
I am scheduled to have lap band removed/revised to RNY the end of June.  Any advice for me? 
Hondurian Queen
on 5/27/08 9:36 pm - BOSTON, MA

I am having mines done monday good luck and be blessed

fortworthgal
on 5/28/08 1:07 am - Fort Worth , TX
I cant give you any advice but I am going through the same thing right now.  I dont have a date yet though. I have to have an EGD on June 2nd. Hopefully after that I will know something. Why are you getting a revision?

I went from lap band to RNY on Aug 1 2008.

SW    CW  GW
5'2"     205/133/ ?

gonemadx3
on 5/29/08 3:26 am - East Peoria, IL
My advice is, make them do an upper gi before you are released from the hospital. No matter what!  Just to make sure everything is flowing properly.

-Michele

lap band '05/revision to rny 11/21/07
5'6- hw/276 sw/242 cw/144 gw/140
then- bmi 36-39 now-bmi 24-
NORMAL WEIGHT

"It's  Not Who You Are On The Inside, It's What You Do That Defines You".....

or

charleston-mom
on 5/29/08 6:54 am
I had a revision from the band to RNY in August and have lost well over 100 pounds (am about 127 now). I LOVE MY RNY! Good luck!
MARCIAM
on 5/29/08 8:42 am - Sayville, NY
I have just finished all of the clearances for removal of my band and revision to RNY. I wish you the best of luck! I hope that I soon will be following in your footsteps.
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

slfam
on 5/30/08 10:38 am - WI
I just did it - 22 days ago. I am losing slowly but losing. (Actually, I am already on a plateau which is making me crazy but I am trying to be patient.) And I am only 8 pounds above the lowest I ever got with the band. My biggest suggestion is to join the yahoo group Graduate-OSSG - it was a true blessing to find this group. They post a lot and sometimes you just have to ignore the chatter but you will find an extremely knowledgable group there. These are people who have been there and done it all. They have great suggestions and are dedicated to making their RNY a success.  Otherwise, just take things slowly. Don't eat more than you should (1/2 cup at a time, 3 times a day) and do your best not to cheat. Also, drink protein drinks daily and take your vitamins NO MATTER WHAT YOUR NUTRITIONIST SAYS! You can check out vitalady.com for great guidance and products. Michelle and Don are great! Good luck! Lisa
shel
on 5/31/08 2:52 pm - Howell, NJ
Thank you everyone for the good advice. Michele
Most Active