ROSE PROCEDURE *UPDATE*

Cheryl Gebbie
on 5/27/08 10:17 am - Knoxville, TN
I went for my 1 month po appointment today.  I have lost 22 lbs and was told that I am above the average in percentage weightloss .  I did ask about the number of sutures they had to place in my pouch and was told there were 8 sutures placed and that my pouch was made really small ..... it was made to big the first time and that is part of why i never lost all my weight.  I had gotten to 186 I am now at 184 so I am smaller than i was after the RNY ..... My stoma was made to 1cm but that they will have better measurements when i have my EGD done on the 3 month visit.   Was told that the average I should have lost was about 12 lbs so I surpassed that ...and it was based on the amount of weight i needed to lose.  I understand some arent havent alot of success with this procedure but so far I have and am thankful for the opportunity to be in the Trial.   Cheryl
wigglypoo
on 5/27/08 11:21 am - Sturgis, MI
Cheryl, I am happy to hear you are having such good results. You must feel fantastic getting below where you were previously at. keep up the great work.. Amy
Cheryl Gebbie
on 5/27/08 12:24 pm - Knoxville, TN
Thanks ..I know there is alot of negativity ....but I really think its working for me ...... I just wish everyone else was doing better Cheryl
tobethinner
on 5/28/08 5:10 am - VA
You have been such an inspiration to me.  I had the ROSE Procedure May 12, 2008 at St. Mary's in Richmond and I went today for my two week.  I am so excited to report I have subtracted 17 lbs and I hope that I will at least match that during the next two weeks.  Thanks for your posts.

Stay on track this is forever....

croppincrazee
on 5/28/08 11:17 am
Please keep me posted on your success.  I had my first appoint with the Richmond group yesterday and am scheduled for my upper GI next Wed.  When did you start your journey?  How long did all of your appts. take until your procedure on May 12?  Continued success.  Molly
tobethinner
on 5/31/08 3:33 am - VA
The process was actually faster than I was told it would be.  Initially when I found out I was told I would be getting the surgery in June.  So I was really pushed through.  Once I got the psych eval and nutritional eval everything took off. 

Stay on track this is forever....

patsy13215
on 5/31/08 4:06 am - syracuse, NY
hi there to be thinner;It sounds like you are doing great!!!Congrats on your 17 pound loss..Patsy
YMAM
on 6/24/08 7:07 am
I have it on April 24, 2008 with Dr. Schroder. I had lost 9 pounds the first two weeks. One pound the second two weeks and none know. What are you eating and how? I am extremely frustrated. Thanks
mlpandbaby
on 5/27/08 1:26 pm

Cheryl,  OMG That is so great!!!!  I am so happy for you, I know there is alot of negativity, but I feel the same as you....Were gonna do great!!!  Keep us posted.  Michelle

Cheryl Gebbie
on 5/28/08 3:18 am - Knoxville, TN
They told me yesterday that I had the large pouch that was worked on to date at Georgetown ......8 sutures just to tighten the pouch ...and omg ...if i eat 1 bite too much I start gagging ...I never had that with the first surgery. They told me the I didnt do anythng to make my pouch that big ...but that is how it was made by the first surgeon ....so I am glad that It not something I had done wrong ...... which makes me feel sooooo much better.... and I KNOW you are gonna do great too. Cheryl
Most Active