RestorE, Stomaphyx, Rose

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/08 8:27 am - AZ
Why wouldn't Stomaphyx work for you but Restore would?  Don't they use the same general concept?  How is it determined what will work and what will not before they do any procedure? I don't have RNY, I'm banded and will be sleeved next week.  But I have a friend that is looking for options and I didn't know what to tell her. I am seeing what you mean about Stomaphyx, Restore, and Rose.  I haven't found a happy person yet.  Sounds like banding is a better option in these cases.
(deactivated member)
on 5/26/08 11:37 pm
reenieb
on 5/27/08 5:58 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Hi, the only option I would highly recommend is that you DO NOT have any of these procedures done - THEY DO NOT WORK. There is a person on this board who is "selling" the RosE procedure, getting folks all excited about the patients coming in and out of a facility in New Jersey who are experiencing tremendous success - firstly, success cannot possibly be measured when just leaving the hospital after any of these endoscopic procedures. Weight loss does occur initially because you will literally be starving yourself with 2 weeks of nothing but liquids - who wouldn't lose weight that way? In stage 2, you will slowly introduce food back into your system with soft foods...and that's when the weight you lose in the first two weeks begins to creep back on. There is no feeling of restriction, none of these procedures replicate the success you may have had after your original surgery. Doctors and surgeons are making a fortune, most of which is paid out-of-pocket to them because insurance does not cover these procedures, preying on the hopes of people who are desperate to lose weight again, or stem the tide of regaining what they initially lost.  I cannot say emphatically enough - DO NOT OPT FOR ONE OF THESE PROCEDURES. Anyone who says they are successful would have made a great living selling snake oil in the 1880s. Best of luck to you, this post is made in the sincerest appreciation of what you're going through. Maureen
(deactivated member)
on 5/27/08 6:13 am - AZ
Wow... Thank you SO much for the heads up!  I sincerely appreciate it. I'm kinda the pro on Mexican doctors and who is selling what but I am out of my league with RNY and US doctors/procedures.  I keep up with what evils Mexican doctors are doing but I had no idea about this one.  Thank you so much!
Penelope8443
on 7/26/08 9:31 am - Muskogee, OK
Since you are a pro with the Mexican doc's,do you know anything about a Dr.Natera,in Juarez?I am scheduled for surgery there. 
(deactivated member)
on 7/26/08 9:41 am - AZ
On July 26, 2008 at 4:31 PM Pacific Time, Penelope8443 wrote:
Since you are a pro with the Mexican doc's,do you know anything about a Dr.Natera,in Juarez?I am scheduled for surgery there. 
I know of all the popular doctors in Mexico that do WLS and I've never heard of your guy.

Be very careful, make sure you talk to many of his other patients.  Juarez is not a great part of town at all and I've never heard of this guy.  Is he working out of an actual hospital?  Or a clinic?

Please, do a great deal of research before following through with surgery.

linda249
on 6/2/08 2:51 pm - xenia, IL
But I had the scleratherapy done and Dr. says they have more success with it than anything else and sometimes it is needed more than once and yes insurance DOES pay for it both medicare and other insurance as well, I will be having it the second time this coming Fri. on June 6th my weight loss had almost stopped for almost a year but when he did the endoscopy he found that the stoma had increased in size for no known reason he said sometimes it just happens,he said my stoma was twice the size it should be and was letting my food go on thru and not staying in my pouch long enough for me to stay full if anyone wants to know more about this you can contact me or Dr. Scott at 314-344-6800 this is at Bridgeton Mo. at the DePaul Health Center (Center of Excellance) my email is [email protected]
Runneroak
on 10/26/09 12:10 am
scleratherapy ?? I googled but all I could find was varicose vein surgery. How does this procedure work for RNY revisions? Do insurers really cover such a procedure?
linda249
on 10/26/09 2:08 pm - xenia, IL
it is where the Dr. goes down the throat and injects something into the stoma to make scar tissue to form in the stoma therefore making the stoma tighter and it may sometimes have to be done more that a couple of times I had it done 4 times but still I was not losing so he put the band in and I still dont seem to be losing anything I am beginning to think I need a complete revision I think I would go thru the RNY again to get the rest of my weight off I still need to lose another 70 lbs. to not be overweight I go back this coming thursday to get another fill this will be my 4th and I still am not losing I am going to discuss having a revision I have not gained any weight since my first surgery but none has came off for a long time maybe a year .
Runneroak
on 10/26/09 12:03 am
Hi Maureen

I know it has been over a year since your post regarding any revisional surgeries but to you still think that none of them will work?
Most Active