RestorE, Stomaphyx, Rose

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/08 5:09 pm - AZ
Are these all the same procedure?   Same concept?  What is the difference between all of them? Are there other options that are similar?
Cheryl Gebbie
on 5/24/08 11:52 pm - Knoxville, TN
I am not sure what the ReStore program was suppose to do ....the Stomaphyx is suppose to make the stoma smaller via endoscopical procedure .....The ROSE is used to make the Stoma and the pouch pouch small again ...I am 1 month PO and have lost 21 lbs so far Another Stupid plateau .. Cheryl
Janelle S.
on 5/25/08 1:33 am - Metairie, LA
They are all endoscopic procedures to reduce pouch and stoma size. StomaphyX uses plastic clips, the others use suture. I have been researching these for about a year and based on the responses on this board none of them seem to work for very long. Surgical revisions seem to have longer sucess rates.

snyderbuck
on 5/25/08 8:39 am - Buckhannon, WV
WOW Is anyone else freaked out about this?  I wound love to have a a ROSE or other procedure done.  I had RNY 2002 and have gained all130lbs back.  I want WLS revision but I am scared to death.  I was open and I tell you I will take nature childbirth anyday!!!!!  It hurt so bad!!!  I was a Lap to open mid surgery because I started bleed in my upper left qud and my liver was too fatty.  So I will most likely has to be open again, they say they could use a saddle block but still it was freaky to see a long zipper of staples down my belly.  I guess I have to out way my choices.  I just feel as if I am temping fate?  I am I alone in this feeling?  Maybe I am nuts!!!!
 Shannon
pepsi98
on 5/25/08 9:30 am - Norwich, CT

Wow...I feel the same way you do!!  I am also looking at a revision from a gastric stapling from 1982, total weight re gain, first surgery was open, many days in hospital and recoup from major surgery and that was when I was in my 20's!!!  Now at 52 (today as a matter of fact) with several co morbids my risk goes up dramatically and I am also scared to tempt fate.Will I regret having another WLS?  Will my quality of life improve or will it be miserable, not feling well.  Will I have unexpected complications?  My surgeon was up front with me in reviewing the complications that could ensue.  Is this the only way I can lose weight?  Why can't I just close my mouth by myself? No, you are NOT alone!!

Robert P.
on 6/3/08 6:12 am - Pelham, AL
You are exactly my same situation.  Stomach stapling in 1981.   Worked fantastic!  I lost from 325 to 180 and kept it off for over a decade.  Slowly, but surely, the weight came back on, plus more.  I am 47, and desperate to do something.  I have lost and regained 100+ pounds multiple times in the last decade, and dieting just doesn't work long-term. The possibility of having a lap procedure converted to an open one mid-surgery doesn't  make me happy.  I have no desire to be split open from sternum to navel again. On the other hand, if I don't do something, I'm dead.
linda249
on 10/26/09 1:56 pm - xenia, IL
Cant you find a Dr. that will do it laproscopic I think most, or at least a lot of Drs. do it that way now.
pepsi98
on 5/25/08 9:32 am - Norwich, CT
Oh I forgot...I had Stomaphyx on Feb 1st.  I am so afraid of life threatening complications...what do I do?!  I am tentatively being done 1st week in August.
linda249
on 6/2/08 5:35 pm - xenia, IL
try the scleratherpy talk to your Dr. about it, it does work
(deactivated member)
on 5/26/08 6:55 am
Most Active