Revision + lightweight = slow loss (not!)

PekinSal
on 5/24/08 8:14 am - UK
I'm only posting this as reassurance for other people who might be revisions in particular, since I worried pre-op that I would only lose a couple of pounds a month. I'm seven weeks out today, and am one pound off losing 25% of my excess weight - I have another week to reach this. This is on a par with 'virgin' DSers, much to my surprise, and I'm so happy that this time I seem to be on track.  The protein is up to 100g (from meat, fish and eggs rather than shakes), the fluid is up to 65oz, the supplements going in and the dress sizes dropping. I keep looking at myself in the mirror and being pleasantly surprised by what I see.

DS revision from failed lapband

MARCIAM
on 5/24/08 12:11 pm - Sayville, NY
I am so glad to hear that it is going well for you! Congratulations!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

PekinSal
on 5/25/08 12:24 am - UK
Thanks Marcia - I know a lot of people 'lurk' on this board but I thought I may as well shout it loud and proud that getting it wrong first time isn't the end of the world! Sal

JROLFSON
on 5/27/08 3:29 am - St. George, UT

Since I haven't been on the board for a while, and may have missed what # of surgery this is for you and what type. Can you please elaborate on that for me. Thanks, JROLFSON

PekinSal
on 5/27/08 5:08 am - UK
No problem! I had a lapband in 2005 and never managed to get it adjusted properly. I had it removed December 07 and was revised to the DS 7 weeks ago. Sal

gonemadx3
on 5/29/08 3:29 am - East Peoria, IL
I am so very proud to hear that!  I also had the lap band put in in july 2005 and removed and changed to rny november 2008. im down 63 lbs with 42 lbs to go!  isnt it wonderful?!!! congrats to you and me!

-Michele

lap band '05/revision to rny 11/21/07
5'6- hw/276 sw/242 cw/144 gw/140
then- bmi 36-39 now-bmi 24-
NORMAL WEIGHT

"It's  Not Who You Are On The Inside, It's What You Do That Defines You".....

or

PekinSal
on 5/29/08 4:20 am - UK
Wow Michele you're doing so well - isn't it good to know it was just lapband we were rubbish at and not every other WLS!

charleston-mom
on 5/29/08 6:53 am
I hate lapband! I had a revision in August, am 9 months out and am now at 127 pounds and a size 4. I love my RNY!!!
skinny_cyndi
on 6/11/08 10:37 pm - Mahwah, NJ
I had my original RNy in 1999 and was revised on 2/28 at 196, down to 155 and in a size 8/10. didn't have lap band first time, but back then sometimes the surgeons were not as well trained as they are now
charleston-mom
on 6/11/08 10:55 pm
I had lapband which was terrible and then a revision to RNY (which was the best thing I ever did for myself) and am down about 111 since August, and am at 126 now. I think I lost about as fast as original RNY'ers given that I didn't start as high as some (percentage). My loss was also slower right at the start (I had SO much fluid after surgery), but then it picked right up - so don't lose heart. You will have to be religious about following your doctor's recommendations to the letter though. Good luck!
Most Active