I was humiliated AGAIN

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/08 7:05 pm - AZ
On May 27, 2008 at 2:31 PM Pacific Time, PekinSal wrote:
Tell us the address and we'll all go over and bounce on her damn machine till it snaps...Perhaps manufacturers should be reminded that ill and injured people don't all come in sub-300lb sizes.
HA!  OMG I love it!!!  I agree, I'll go too!
Pam K.
on 5/27/08 8:09 am - Aurora, IL
I feel so bad for you.  Years ago I went to my ob/gyn and he made a very insensitive comment about my weight.  I was struggling with bulemia at the time.  After getting totally pissed off i called him, had him paged and them very calmly explained how his comments made me feel, and how insensitive they were.  He was so upset at how he handled things that he was going to have someone come and do an in-service for him and the staff on eating disorders.  I felt impowered by confronting him.  It doesn't always turn out this way, but speaking up for yourself is a very powerful thing.  No one can deny your feelings!
snyderbuck
on 5/27/08 11:06 am - Buckhannon, WV
    I want to thank all of you for all of your support it means a lot!!! I am going to speak with the department head and several other board members.  The kicker is that I am a nurse so I have been a patient in that postion then the health care provider on the other end.  I can say even at my skinnies and at my fattest I never tried ever to make anyone feel bad and dealt with matters in a more professional manner.  I also was able to put patients more at easy when they knew I had been heavy and I guess there is a unspoken comroderey.  Well I want to thank you and I knew that all of you understood were I was coming from.  I am thankful that I found this website!!!!
 Shannon
Proud Military Mom
on 5/29/08 12:33 pm - Reno, NV
Every hospital has a patient advocate write a letter to them and send a copy to the hospital director. Also let them know that there are tables out there that will support up to 500lbs and its time to come into the 21st century...  Idiots!!!  I work in the xray sales field I would be more than happy to hook them up... :)  Sorry this happened you need to report it.. Debby

If you can't stand behind the troops... stand in front of them... PLEASE!

Most Active