Monmouth, NJ ROSE UPDATE

littleguy
on 5/22/08 7:55 am
Three more cases done today.  Docs are getting major volume reduction and seem to be getting a good rythm. 29 anchors placed in the 3 patients.   By the way, for all you doubters of the ROSE procedure, average weight loss is 20 to 30 pounds first month at the Monmouth Site. Stomaphyx may be a gimmick as one member alluded to but ROSE is definately NOT A GIMMICK. It is true volume and stoma reduction with amazing initial results. One must keep in mind though that it is extremely operator dependent and results may vary between sites. Unfortunately only the people with bad results seem to post. (none of them were done at monmouth). There have been NO FAILURES at the monmouth site. All cases (13 do date) have been successful.
patsy13215
on 5/22/08 11:29 am - syracuse, NY
hi Littleguy;I am ready for my Rose procedure on tuesday.I am very optimistic and am ready ready ready..Thankyou again for being our voice and more for this procedure..Looking forward to seeing you monmouth heroes on tuesday..I hope the music is great again!!!!! Patsy Amsterdam
littleguy
on 5/22/08 10:25 pm
c u soon!  be psyched.
mlpandbaby
on 5/23/08 2:04 am
  Hi Guys its Michelle from Rochester, I had my procedure done yesterday in Monmouth!  It was awsome.  Dr Boreao and Dr Gorcey came to see me before I went in.  I was done at 245 and was discharged at 630...everyone as for the staff were great.  I am so optimistic and the Dr.'s are so excited it only propels your spirits.  I'm very hopeful and excited.   My throat is a little sore, but otherwise I feel great.  I really dont feel like eating, but the food is all around me and looks so good.  i am sticking to my apple juice and water.   I am not messing up this time i have a whole wardrobe of size 14 clothes i plan to wear!  Good luck Patsy, I know you'll do great... Michelle
cmr3399
on 5/25/08 7:13 am - Bayville, NJ
Michelle ................. I am soooooo happy for you...and  Patsy ............................. GOOD LUCK!!!!!  My date has changed and I am up on the 23rd of June...can't wait!!!!   keep me posted ladies!!!!!!!!! And litttle Guy.....thank you soooo much for your updates they are sooo encouraging....a for you 2! Christine
gretyl
on 5/25/08 9:35 am

I suppose you can say my surgery was done in the pioneering days of weight loss surgery.  In August I'll be 24 years post op with a starting weight of 334 losing down to about 180.  For various reasons I have gained back to 269.  Last year I was evaluated by 2 different surgeons and had 2 different EGDs done with the same results:  my pouch is no bigger than a thumb and my anatomy looks that same as it did following my surgery.  So...I'm not a candidate for revision but the 2nd surgeon suggested Stomaphyx.  I can't seem to find people that have had this procedure done successfully but now I'm hearing about this Rose procedure.  I'm SO confused (and fat).  Thanks for any help.

patsy13215
on 5/25/08 10:38 am - syracuse, NY
hi there guys; it sounds like you did great michelle, and christine, you are almost there kiddo.I think that we are very fortunate to have our procedures at Monmouth..We will keep each other posted..I am leaving in the morning from syracuse to head on down..I will let you all now how things go. Good luck to you both. Michelle,are you back in rochester? Patsy
mlpandbaby
on 5/25/08 1:03 pm
Hi Patsy,  I was discharged and headed home.  It is 6 hrs, so we got in late but I'm in Rochester and doing well.  Good Luck!! Michelle
patsy13215
on 5/29/08 11:50 am - syracuse, NY
hi michelle; How is it going??I came home today and all is well..Hope you are feeling well. Patsy
(deactivated member)
on 5/26/08 9:25 pm
I'm gonna try looking into Monmouth. I just hope they take my insurance. Medicare/Medicaid. The other concern I have is the distance. I would have to depend upon someone else to take me to appointments and the seminar. that's a pain in the arse. I already registered at their website for a phone call. we'll see what comes of that.
Most Active