Planning on RNY June 23 ... any cautions??

cpl60
on 5/21/08 12:10 pm - Langley, Canada
Hi Everyone!! I am just wondering if any of you can offer any cautions regarding the RNY that I should think about (further) prior to going through with this?  I would hate to go through all of this and spend $$ I don't have, only to see myself not lose weight .... worry about "starvation mode" that my body has gone in with virtually every diet I tried.   Has anyone ever heard of people NOT losing anything substantial with RNY? Thanks for your response, Colleen (cpl60)
Monique H.
on 5/22/08 6:06 am
I've seen people lose all their weight and I've seen people on here who said they only lost maybe 50 lbs. My advice to you would be to make sure you know of all the options open to you for surgery. Having stopped losing weight at 6 months out and 90 lbs and still needing to lose another 100+ I really wish I would have had the ds. If I had of come to this site before having rny and read the ds board, I would have definitely changed my mind. I didn't though and had no idea that there was another surgery out there that might be better for me. Now over a year later I'm sitting here reading the revisions board wishing I would have had the ds or extended rny. Good luck to you and I hope you are successful no matter what you choose.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
gonemadx3
on 5/29/08 3:33 am - East Peoria, IL
No cautions, just advice. Make them do an upper gi before you leave the hospital just to make sure everything is flowing properly!  Thats all & GOOD LUCK to you! You will love it!

-Michele

lap band '05/revision to rny 11/21/07
5'6- hw/276 sw/242 cw/144 gw/140
then- bmi 36-39 now-bmi 24-
NORMAL WEIGHT

"It's  Not Who You Are On The Inside, It's What You Do That Defines You".....

or

cpl60
on 5/29/08 6:51 am - Langley, Canada
Thank you very much ... I will follow up with that, for sure!!! Have a great day! Colleen
Most Active