Help!impossile to find a dr. that does revisions in north alabama......

shannonb.
on 5/21/08 6:42 am - huntsville, AL
I am seeking a revision for a failed vsb I had in 1996.I have Anthem bc/bs ppo,and I meet all the criteria for the revision.Since I have become a member of OH,I have found several surgeons in my surrounding area that claim to do revisions,but when I contact their offices,I felt I was being deferred from seeking their help.(2) in Huntsville,(who are very popular by the way)claim they do revisions,but has a 1 time charge of $5,000 just to review your original surgery records,and it is NON refundable if they decide not to do it!LOL!!!!!Another in Anniston(well known bariatric surgeon),say he will not file insurance for revisions,so I would have to self-pay .I know I could travel,but my original surgery was done in Tucson,and I was just left to deal with any issues I had on my own.If anyone can help me with info I would really appreciate it.God Bless.
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/08 12:44 pm - AZ
What about Mexico?  There are two surgeons that really kinda excel in revisions.  It would be much cheaper than in the US if you have to self pay.
ShielaC.
on 5/21/08 4:41 pm
try going to www.asbs.org and click on "patients" then you can put in your zip code and specify "revision" and you can get a list of all the dr.'s in your area who do revision's.
Most Active