Depressed- no one will do lap to rny revision

Mschif78
on 5/20/08 10:01 am - Southeastern, MA
Well yea im STILL looking for a lap band to rny revision!  I can not find a damn soul to do it on me.  MY surgeon wont, b/c she has never done one nor anyone in her practice.  She told me to call UMASS medical center- I did and they want all the documentation that something is wrong with the band.  Problem is nothing is techinically WRONG with the band.  Yes I have unusual discomfort in my abdomen but i have had a barium swallow and all is well.   I just havent lost any weight and I have had 3-4 fills and the dr told me she wont do anymore b/c she said it wont help- i dont really understand why.   All the other places I called wont even really see me.  I just dont know what to do.  I found one place online but it is in Texas and I am in MA and i really hate to go all the way there.  On top of that my dr said dont go to TX b/c dr's dont like that and you will have no one to follow up on u. Where the heck did you guys go and why am *I* having such a hard time?? Advice? Kerry
ShielaC.
on 5/20/08 10:10 am
How about trying Dr. Overcash in Ocala, FL or Dr. Shawn Garber in New York? They are closer to you than Texas and I think they both do revision's. I think Dr. Shikora at Tufts also does them. Someone on this board is going to him. I read on here someone went to So. America for a revision with her daughter and they are both happy. Maybe you can find her. I t hink her name is Sopralto, but I could be wrong.
silvrorbit
on 5/20/08 2:56 pm - denver, CO
before you consider a revision. my mom had the same problem as you, her band was totally filled and the dr wouldnt do anything. she switched drs and the new one was able to determine that she could hold more and once she got one more fill she was at her sweet spot and has now lost 74 lbs
JillS65
on 8/15/08 2:41 am
Hi!  I noticed you went to Tillquist.  I live in Dener too.  I got my lap band in Mexico in March and need a doctor here locally to help with adjustments, etc.  What do you think of Tillquist?  Does he fill using a fluorscope?  Was he the doc your mom used when she had to find another doc?  I am so frustrated b/c I can't find anyone here who doesn't either 1) give me attitude about having the surgery in Mexico; or 2) give me attitude about wanting my adjustments done under fluorscope.  Sigh ...... I am too tight right now and don't want to make the trip back down there!
m.espoir
on 5/20/08 3:36 pm - NJ
My doc is n NJ and takes other doc's patients for revision, he also does all 4 surgeries! So, do your homework, dont forget about the DS! Their website is southjerseybariatrics.com. Many people come from out of state for his revisions. Although you might need to make several visits for him to determine what to do about the band. I would have your doc schedule an endoscopy up there just to be able to see the pouch from the inside and make sure nothing is wrong there.
"Don't expect.......Suggest." ......–The Edge
Lap Band 2/26/03---lost 80 pounds!
FAILED (Erosion/emergency removal) 4/4/07, Gained ALL weight back 8/29/07 
Approved for DS 10/09/07

DS performed successfully 10/29/07
1st Hernia repair and vertical TT 1/15/09
2nd Hernia repair and small vertical TT 12/27/2010
HW  SW   CW   GW       240 225 159 135
(5ft.2in.)

patsfan334
on 5/20/08 4:24 pm
i have lap-band do not do it im getting RNY
pepsi98
on 5/20/08 7:38 pm - Norwich, CT
I highly recommend Dr. Scott Shikora at Tufts in Boston.  I saw him yesterday, and will find out when I call him on Friday if there is anything he can do for me, (my case is unusual).  He is the Best of the Best.  His number is 617-636-6093
Hondurian Queen
on 5/20/08 10:48 pm - BOSTON, MA
I AM HAVING MINES DONE AT THE BRIGHAM AND WOMENS HOSPITAL  AND LIKE YOU THERE IS NOTHING TECHNICALLY WRONG WITH MY BAND EITHER EXCEPT I CANT HAVE IT FILLED WITH OUT HAVING TO BE UNFILLED DAVID LAUTZ IS DOING MY SURGERY IN ANOTHER WEEK AND  A HALF CALL 617-732-6960 AND I BELIEVE HE WILL DO IT FOR YOU HE'S DOING MINES FEEL FREE TO E MAIL ME ON THE BACK LINE GOOD LUCK AND TAKE CARE YOU DONT HAVE TO LEAVE MASS TO HAVE THIS DONE

happy girl
on 5/21/08 1:07 am
Ok, I really don't know that much about the band but i don't get your Dr.  Maybe you just don't have it filled enough to feel satisified after eating.   Isn't part of having a band fine tuning it until you get it just right?   I think there are some excellent surgeons in MA and other posters have made some great recommendations, I have met Dr Shikora and he seems like a nice guy. . I am sorry your current surgeon is such a   Good Luck!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

danielle S.
on 5/21/08 1:15 am
my doc is in ny.im having the same problem w the band 9 mo out and i have nt lost,ugh!im fed up w it now its so tight all i can do is liquids and im starving not to mention what happens when you go on to real food its all gonna come back ,so anyway good luck!
Most Active