1 Week PostOp

lizzythompson
on 5/20/08 9:23 am - Denton, TX
My insurance company has a $1500.00 out of pocket max. That plus the extra $1100 Dr Barker charges for the adhesion fight. That is all I have paid.  I max out my flexible spending account every year, so I had $3500 to spend on anything medical this year. I haven't paid anything out of our day-to-day budget for this except for time off work

Susie221
on 5/20/08 9:25 am - UK
Hello Lizzy Can I ask what you had done this time ?  I am having the pouch and outlet redone later this year ,but was told I would be in hospital for a week ? How come you left so early ? Susie x
lizzythompson
on 5/20/08 9:32 am - Denton, TX
I had the pouch, outlet, bowel resection and a Hiatal Hernia repair. I honestly don't have an answer as to why I only stayed over night other than he keeps his first timers for 3 days, and he does like 5 or 6 a day, three days a week. I was taking up a bed, Not feeling particularly great when I left, but I expected that much. Hind site, I wish I had stayed at least one more night, then maybe they would have checked under my dressings and seen the hematomas starting. What really baffles me is that I had 2 Heprin shots directly into my belly, one very close to where the worst clots were.

kakych3
on 5/25/08 9:31 pm
Hope u have  speedy recovery and good news from your dr.  I had revision on the 19th and i get to see my dr. tomorrow but i was in the hospital for 3 days.   Maybe it has something to do with what insurances will approve......i dont know.  Apparently i am the only one who came home with a feeding tube after surgery and it is so gross to feed yourself thru a tube...LOL I still havent had my first ice chip or sip of water yet so im hoping all goes well tomorrow when i see the dr. and this part can be behind me!  
lizzythompson
on 5/26/08 1:07 am - Denton, TX
Dang Dear!!!! A feeding tube??? I have NEVER heard of that!!! Drain tubes, and pain pumps, but dang... After my original bypass I was eating solid food before I left the hospital. This Dr iseasing me into food. one week liquid, 2 weeks soft foods then solids. I hope all goes well with you also, Let me know!!!

kakych3
on 5/27/08 3:17 am
well i saw the dr. this morning and can stop the feeding tube so that made me very happy....omg that part was awful.  lol i am to have clear liquids today and then tomorrow go on full liquids.   My first surgery was not a bypass surgery it was a stomach stapling back in 1980 so maybe thats the difference.  He did take out 2 drain tubes today which felt awesome!
lizzythompson
on 5/27/08 3:37 am - Denton, TX
Yay!!! I am so glad!!  I am starting my 2nd week of soft foods, have been living on pulled insert-meat-here with bbq sauce. Since both my DH and I have had RNYs we are back to sharing meals when we go out.  Went to Texas Roadhouse the other night and got the pulled pork dinner. We both ate, then took half the dinner home and I ran the meat through the food processer for lunch the next day. Sincemy original surgery was in 2000, I can't remember how far out I was when I started getting the dry heaves from the healing process. I haven't had them yet, so am hoping I dodged that bullet. I start back to wor next tuesday and don't want anything like that to happen to me at work. Keep me posted on how you are doing!!!

Most Active