1 Week PostOp

lizzythompson
on 5/19/08 1:27 pm - Denton, TX
Hullo all!!! Sorry haven't updated sooner, but has been a roller coaster ride this last week.  Surgery went fine last Monday, was in the OR about 6 hrs. Don't remember recovery, woke up in my room wretching. I totaly forgot to tell them that I do that no matter what surgery I have.  Have been walking and drinking like I am supposed to, just not able to take in the protein.   Belly is swollen and sore, was told is normal, but apparently not this bad.  Two of my incisions burst open today. I have a belly full of bloodclots and had to have them cleaned out. Also had a CT scan and Dr said no active bleeders, so dodged another surgery.  Am done with my pain meds, so the discomfort I feel will hopefully be handled by Tylenol. Not in any real pain, at least not untill a gas rocket goes ripping through my guts. Will update more when I get back from Dr in the morning.

L M
on 5/19/08 3:59 pm - MS
Hope you have a speedy recovery!
Angela M.
on 5/19/08 10:31 pm, edited 5/20/08 8:20 am - Vicksburg , MS
Revision on 06/24/10 with
Congrats!  For the gas and gas pains....I used those throw away heating pads that you stick on.  They work really good at bringing the gas up and plus you can wear them while out walking......

317/287/170

ginau
on 5/20/08 6:38 am - mesa, AZ
Liz  Oh no !   hope the worst part is behind you now!  take it easy and slow ... I cut out all fruits and veggies ... one demon at a time !!!
M. Hall
on 5/20/08 7:45 am - Norcross, GA

Hi Liz, I hope that you are feeling better and Im sorry to hear that you have had a rough time. If you dont mind me asking, how long did you stay in the hospital and why did your surgery take 6 hours?

lizzythompson
on 5/20/08 7:52 am - Denton, TX
I was only in the hospital over night. The surgery took 6 hrs because I had a lot of adhesions, and they had a lot of work to do. Hernia, pouch, stoma, and bowel.

M. Hall
on 5/20/08 7:59 am - Norcross, GA

All of that going on and you only had to stay overnite. I wish I would be so lucky! My Doc said my surgery would be about 6 hours too, depending on the scar tissue.

lizzythompson
on 5/20/08 8:14 am - Denton, TX
are you having lap or open? The scar tissue IS the kicker, and they have no idea how bad it is till they are in there.

M. Hall
on 5/20/08 9:10 am - Norcross, GA
Open! That's how I had my 1st Rny. I had alot of complications but i have faith that this time that everything will work out just fine.
M. Hall
on 5/20/08 9:13 am - Norcross, GA
I do ahve another question. Did you have to pay anything to have the surgery? And how much?
Most Active