lap to rny revision approved!

lovin30s
on 5/19/08 11:23 pm - Orlando, FL
Since ur BMI is over 40 it shouldn't be a problem. However, I don't know about that particular insurance company. Good Luck!
fortworthgal
on 5/20/08 4:13 am - Fort Worth , TX
Marciam, its time to change your signature!
MARCIAM
on 5/20/08 1:28 pm - Sayville, NY
The funny thing is that I am still very grateful to my band for giving me my life back. I just really need the RNY to take me the on the rest of my journey!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

silvrorbit
on 5/19/08 12:47 pm - denver, CO
mine is also 38.5 and i am looking for a revision due to complications, how did you get approved this time? any secrets to share so i can speed along my approval?
Hondurian Queen
on 5/20/08 2:18 am - BOSTON, MA
good luck on your new journey I too am going from the band to the RNY ON JUNE 2,2008

fortworthgal
on 5/20/08 3:44 am - Fort Worth , TX
I sent you a private message......
gonemadx3
on 5/21/08 3:36 am - East Peoria, IL
I am a band revision to rny also. I love my rny despite my surgeon nearly killing me to do it.

-Michele

lap band '05/revision to rny 11/21/07
5'6- hw/276 sw/242 cw/144 gw/140
then- bmi 36-39 now-bmi 24-
NORMAL WEIGHT

"It's  Not Who You Are On The Inside, It's What You Do That Defines You".....

or

lovin30s
on 5/25/08 2:19 pm - Orlando, FL
That doesn't sound too encouraging!!!!   ??????? How did he nearly kill u doing it?
gonemadx3
on 5/27/08 12:42 am - East Peoria, IL
No, it doesn't. However, my situation is not common. Had my surgeon done an upper GI after my lap rny the whole ordeal could have been avoided. But since he did not, I ended up alot worse off than I should have been. I had lap rny first and was sent home 2 days later only to be readmitted 4 hrs later because I could not stop throwing up, something I never did in the hospital until 5 minutes before I left to go home. After I went back the cat scan showed a blockage in my intestines which in turn caused a leak in my new stomach. The leak was the problem and it caused a deadly staph infection in the entire left side of my body causing pneumonia and fluid on my lungs. So for the first week after the second (open) surgery, it was touch and go with my life. But like I said, this is unusual and highly preventable! I didn't mean to scare you away or make you feel uncomfortable about having it done. I hope your revision goes off without a hitch and is very uneventful. Good luck to you!

-Michele

lap band '05/revision to rny 11/21/07
5'6- hw/276 sw/242 cw/144 gw/140
then- bmi 36-39 now-bmi 24-
NORMAL WEIGHT

"It's  Not Who You Are On The Inside, It's What You Do That Defines You".....

or

Brittwoman
on 5/21/08 11:18 am - West Babylon, NY
Lap Band to RNY revision here and couldn't be more happy You're going to LOVE being an RNY'er!!! Best thing I ever did for myself!!
                  Weight loss since begining WLS journey -141lbs!     

** Ticker shows weight loss since Day of Revision Surgery **

Most Active