Travel to Phoenix for Revision

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/08 3:47 am - Brunswick, ME
Hi all, I am in the early stages of my journey to have a revision with Dr. Schlesinger in Phoenix.  I will be traveling from Maine and would love to correspond with folks who have also traveled to have a WLS procedure, revision or otherwise, with Dr. S.  Feel free to contact me directly. Thank you, Angie
S Andrews
on 5/18/08 5:15 am - eatonville, WA
I am thinking about doing the same thing myself and would love to hear about all the dynamics that need to take place in order for it  to happen-ie. where do you stay once down there, how do you get things to fall into place in order for it to happen and lots of other questions too! Thanks Sharon
ginau
on 5/19/08 2:34 am - mesa, AZ
Ladies  Too funny , we just talked about this after support group, One of the girls in his office has a list of hotels that offer a discount for people coming in for medical reasons.  Call and ask Pearl or  the Bariatric  co-ordinator. Kathy left the list behind for them.  My revision was the 7th feel great. was surprised how fast I felt better and wanted to get out of the house.  Just make sure to fill the perscriptions ahead of time.  
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/08 11:38 am - Brunswick, ME
Thanks for the info!!
happy girl
on 5/20/08 2:30 am
I firmly believe this is something the surgeons office should help you with.  They will have an idea of how long you will need to stay post op, have a good idea of hotels...a lot of hospitals get speical rates for out of town patients too.   First place I would start would be with the dr office good luck!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/08 7:38 am - Brunswick, ME
Paula Prichard
on 5/20/08 5:12 am - Kingman, AZ
I am using Dr. S in Phoenix as well...I live 4 hours from hime. :-)

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
Most Active