Answers from Joyce

JRinAZ
on 5/16/08 10:04 am - Layton, UT
I'm BAD!  I have received bunches of e-mails and am soooo behind.  My hubby finally cleaned 'm all out so if you sent me a p.m. with a question then pleeeeeez forgive me and ask me one more time! Quickie update:  Proximal Rny over 5 years ago, lost 143 lbs.  Ddin't get to goal and then had regain.  Had Extended Rny (like the bottom half of the DS with a 50 cm common channel) on the day after Christmas.  I've lost all regain, shot past my goal and am 12 pounds below goal....still losing about a half pound to 2 pounds a week.  I will be under 120 in a bit!   Dr. Schlesinger is "DA MAN"!!!!  Woooooo Hooooooooo!  Wanna get skinny? .....wanna get healthy?  He's the one! BTW...many of you want to know if I still have some loosy goosy poopies........Well, uh, ....hmmmmm.....YUP!  ......Gheesh!  Y'know...life is about tradeoffs.  Before my first WLS, I had IBS.....constipated into explosion anytime anywhere!  Yikes!  ....then the first WLS...I became soooo constipated I cried and was on all kinds of "stuff".....now.....opposite....still taking some "stuff"!  ......I work for plastic surgeon's who specialize in Post Bariatric Body Contouring (very cool job!) .....AND it's like I tell all the successful weight loss patients that come in.....you trade FAT for loose skin then you trade LOOSE SKIN for SCARS and with my ERny revision...I taded constipation for the big "D"!!!!  I cleaned out all my closets today.  I now have 2 empty closets and one closet with a couple of size 6's , a couple of size 4's and some loose size 8's!  Sooooooooo.....if you don't have a fortune to spend on new clothes and you don't like to go shopping then DO NOT have a revision!!!! O.K......I'm babbling!  Anyway....give me a holler if I can help you make up your mind somehow!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

MARCIAM
on 5/16/08 10:43 am - Sayville, NY
Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/08 11:21 am, edited 5/16/08 4:49 pm - AZ
Joyce, I can't believe how tiny you are. I want to be like you. DR Schlesinger  said he would do a extened RNY on me. But I have to go to a million doctors to go to get cleared. I don't mind. I have to see my hematologist and my endocrinoligist on Monday and Tuesday. So they can clear me with postop advice for DR S. I also need a sleep study.  I am getting there.  I like  DR S. He is so nice and really explains everything in detail. He spent alot time with me compared to the other doctors. I send 5 mins with each. I saw three doctors and Dr S is the best. Dr S said he is the best a revisions. I told him my horror storys about another WLS doctors and he laughed out loud .He said he will watch me like a hawk since I have a ton of co morbities.  He said I need the malabsorption part. I think that is like yours. He said that the other surgeon wanted to do a lap band and I don't need that. Dr S said that we have to be a team forever to make this work. Did he talk to you like that ? He is more handsome in person than his picture on the OH site. I gave Mikki my whole insurance policy and could not believe you can print it on line. Mikki, was really sweet. The WLS  polciy was 45 pages long and I let her keep it for further refferance. My insurance is the only medicare hmo they take. I can change my insurance twice a year if I don't like it. So I have to pick one that DR S is going to take.  It was a omen that I met you. My mom and dad said when I loose all the weight and my weight is stable they will pay for a full body lift and batwing job and a possible face lift if I need it.  I already had my boobs cut down to A cup and love them.  Use to be Double FF.Plus I had a breast lift because my boobs were hanging like bowling pins down to  my knees. I always had the big boobs in my family. My insurance paid for that and a panniculectomy that was botched up but will be redone in the future. Talk to you later. Is your husband or someones husband that wears a kilt at the computer ? I was just wondering. Dawn B in Peoria   
luvinleah
on 5/16/08 8:06 pm - conway, AR

Dawn, I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of insurance you do have? I am on medicare part A and B. I need a revision so bad but don't know of a Doctor around here to do it but if medicare would pay for it I would travel to Dr. S to use him . I heard he was the BEST.

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/08 8:42 pm - AZ
Hi, I have HealthNet HMO Ruby Plan 2. I think he takes straight medicare. I can ask and find out today. I will be going to his support meetings. Any one can go to them. I have a medicare advantage plan because I am on social security disablity. You also heard that he was the best. I am hearing that from everyone. He does his own support meetings. he has one that starts at 1pm to 2pm than 2.30pm to 3pm and than 3.30pm to 4.30 pm. I really like him . He was my last 3rd opion that I got. The 2 other doctors talked to me for 5 mins and would tell me nothing. I hated that. Dr Schlesinger talks about all his procedures and recommends the best for you, He is very straight forward. Does not try to bull**** you like the other 2 doctors I went to. I had a EGD the other day and DR Schlesinger said all he wants to do a band. I don't even want this. I have alot of medical problems and he said it will be dangerous but I swill have great results for a revision of my gastic bypass to a entended rny or called ERNY. I had my original gastric bypass in 1997 and had no follow up or any real support that I remember and I was on my own. I don't think that had this OH site. I ment really nice people that understand me and know what your going thru. I have seen that many people have used straight medicare for WLS. What are you trying to get done? If I can be of any help just email. If you email Dr Schlesinger he does email you back. He did email and I was in shock, He said that he does not blow any ot off. He said to he is commited to you forever and your commited to him.He says you have a tool and your a teeam working together. You can also email at [email protected]  or call my cell 623 556 7244. Like I said I will be very happy to help you with anything. People are real nice on this site and have not found any mean people. Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/08 8:54 pm - AZ
Hi, I can even check out all doctors that do revision and what doctors and hospital that are bad. I have been working in the health care field since I have been 14 years old and I am now 46 years old.Some of the doctors for the arizonia forums list dotors by name and see if they do revisions and click under insurance they take but it is best to call. I think with straight up medicare can;t you go any were ? Do you have medicare because you on some kind of disablity ? Do you have a medicare advantage plan ? DR S said that I am the only HMO he take. So every years I can chabge my insurance atleast 2 times a years. So it depemds on year needs. They don't have a out of net work so I can only go to net work doctors. My copays are real cheap. Alot of Doctors hate my plan because it pays cheap rates t o them. Talk to you soon. Dawn     
Paula Prichard
on 5/20/08 5:16 am - Kingman, AZ
Hey!!! It was good to see you again the other Friday.  :-) you look FABULOUS!!! I talked to Dr. S and pending insurance approval, he will be doing my revision while Dr. Gitt does his thing on June 2nd....how bad was the pain? I had an open RNY to begin with and GOOD LORD it was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! I'm freaked out about being in so much pain all over (breast reduction and lift, high volume lipo, brachioplasty, AND open revision).

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
JRinAZ
on 5/20/08 1:51 pm - Layton, UT
Paula! You are soooooo darn cute!  All those procedures you're having are going to make you one very very very HOT girlfriend!!!!  Oh my gosh!  ....a Revision at the same time as all of that???!!!!!  I see lots of happy meds in your future!  LOL!  Seriously, I would much rather have lots done at once than to go for other rounds with sharp instruments!  You'll be fine!  .....  I think you should plan to hang around Phoenix for a few days though if possible.  I can't imagine a 4 hour drive with anesthesia after gas going on.  Your porr hubby would need some serious pain meds himself!  *wink, wink* .......and thank you for the kind words.  I'm going through the body dysmorphia thing this time around.  My friends tell me that I look at them like they'lre from Mars if they comment on my size!  ...I have this amazing thought when I get dressed each mornging though.....it's like....."Wow, this size can zip all the way up as easily as a size 14"!!!!!  Profound huh?    See you soon!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Paula Prichard
on 5/20/08 1:56 pm - Kingman, AZ
Well the revision is a go only if my insurance approves it. They denied my breast reduction today...if Dr. Gitt can assure them that he can remove 2.2lbs from EACH boob then it will be covered. I know they're big, but I'm afraid that much might leave me with nothing! lol We are planning on staying in Phoenix 4 or 5 days then going home...and coming back for follow ups. :-)

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/08 6:32 am - AZ
Joyce, I am so sorry that I sent you that email the other day to your work. I made a mistake. I took your work email out of my address book. I did that to my sister her works for American Laser Inst and she ripped me a new one because I hit the wrong key so I took her work email address out also. She was really nasty about it. Atleast you were very nice about it. I hated getting personal email at work when I did work because big brother watches your email. So, So sorry. Dawn
Most Active