Is Revision for Me?

ginau
on 5/16/08 2:23 pm - mesa, AZ
My original surgery Lapro RNY  July 06, Lost 125  and stopped dead still at 283... gained 17 lbs -  not nery happy ~  looked around and  had a revision May 7th  - already down 14 lbs  as of today.   I now have a common channel of 75 cm. Hope to get closer to a reasonable weight.
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/08 4:53 pm - AZ
Who decided on the lenght of you common channel ? I want to get the 50 cm one. I think that is the most malabsorption one.
ginau
on 5/17/08 12:56 am - mesa, AZ
Dr Schlesinger decides !  with input from you ..  I am very happy with the decission,
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/08 12:12 am - TX
On May 16, 2008 at 12:42 PM Pacific Time, ladylion2001 wrote:
Hi all,  I had surgery in 2004 RNY Open. I started at 396 and got down to 268. I have now crept up slowly to 290. I'm 5'5'' by the way.  So you see I never really got to an even "overweight" status. Just obese. Still obese. I just started thinking about revision surgery. I'm not sure which one, but I feel like dieting isn't working for me. I can't stick to anything. I feel hungry all the time. I'll eat. Feel stuffed and then like 20 minutes later I'm ready to eat again.  Should I just try harder or should I seriously consider revision?  I don't know. It's kind of embarrasing. I feel like I've failed again...I'm not sure what to do.  Any thoughts? Your words are appreciated.
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds You have one of the best DS revision surgeons in Baltimore, Dr. Schweitzer at Hopkins.  Please read my profile. and good luck to you.
Most Active