Bummer! ROSE today.....

reenieb
on 5/20/08 3:00 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
If it's any consolation, the RosE and RestorE procedures are gimmacks as far as I'm concerned; they do not work. These doctors will make a fortune on our desperate hopes to stop regaining, or lose what we've regained - just like any other aspect of the Diet Industry.  I had the RestorE procedure in mid-April and I am devestated by the failure. I had such high expectations - the little weight I lost 10 days after the procedure was soley due to starving myself on liquid protein. I've gained it all back and my hunger is incredibly painful and very real. I do not recommend either of these procedures to anyone, they are a hoax - and a very expensive one at that. Maureen
MsCin
on 5/20/08 9:39 am
AMEN!
sholy
on 5/20/08 4:12 am - KY
Thanks Maureen and I am sorry that the procedure didn't work for you....I agree that we are all so desperate for help. IT is really disheartning to even need this kind of help. I had hoped that I would be one of the lucky ones that succeeded at wls for life. I have been on so many diets since sixth grade. WLS  was my last hope and I have done very well but the relatively sudden weight gain has me running scared. I admit it. I feel like I need help and this seemed like such a gift at the time. A few days later and after a giant pity party for myself , I feel like maybe it just wasn't meant to be from the "get go" .  I sure wish the rest of you the best and much success though....because it is so new , the results are not really fully available but I look forward to reading good stuff from you guys. We are all in this together and it is a lot tougher than even the bariatric experts realize.  dk
Most Active